Yesterday was the birthday of a new but special friend, because Imtiaz is my son Adam’s father-in-law. He is a wonderful, happy man, who truly loves his family. I wanted to make him a card and wasn’t sure exactly what he would like, but Adam and Farah agreed that he would like the lighthouse from High Tide. The colors are from the TGIF color challenge this week. I have been following their challenges for a while and want to start participating with them.
It’s All in the Details
- I wanted to keep this masculine card pretty clean and simple. The So Saffron was a very good choice for the card base because it keeps the card feeling light and airy like the ocean.
- Whisper White cardstock was cut to 3.5″ x 4.75″ and stamped from bottom to top LOL. I added crumb cake to the colors to make the sand and beach grass.
- After stamping the beach scene and sentiment, I layered it onto Calypso Coral cardstock. Then, that was layered onto another layer of Whisper White cardstock.
- The Finishing Touch was a little piece of Calypso Coral 1/4″ Ombre Ribbon and Bermuda Bay Enamel Shapes.
- Inside: The stamp from Birthday Blast was stamped in Bermuda Bay and layered onto Bermuda Bay cardstock, then Calypso Coral Enamel Shapes were placed both sides of HAPPY.
Quick List of Supplies Used
- Stamp Sets: High Tide, Dragonfly Dreams, Birthday Blast
- Paper: So Saffron, Calypso Coral, Bermuda Bay, Thick Whisper White
- Ink: Bermuda Bay, Calypso Coral, So Saffron, Crumb Cake
- Finishing Touch: Subtles Enamel Shapes, Calypso Coral 1/4″ Ombre Ribbon from Cupcakes & Carousels Embellishment Kit
I am submitting this card to TGIF Challenges for their fun color challenge. I hope you will hop by to see the design team inspiration cards and play along with me!
Thanks for coming to my blog today! Please take a minute and leave me a comment! I love hearing from you! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at Debbie@SecretStamper.com any time. Want to know what’s new with SU? Check out my What’s New on the menu. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!
DIY List of Stampin Up! Products