Happy Friday! The only good thing about being sick is that I have an excuse to stay home and play in my craft room and that’s exactly what I have done. If I wasn’t feeling good enough to stamp, I cleaned and organized. I am not good at not doing anything, even though I might not get much done, I can pretend with the best of ’em LOL. I was so excited to get Tasty Trucks as one of my Sale-A-Bration items. My daughter, when she doesn’t have her head in her college textbooks, absolutely loves watching the Food Network and one of the shows that she binge watches is The Great Food Truck Race. This stamp set was perfect for her!
It’s All in the Details
- Watercolor Pencils were my coloring choice today and they are so much fun to use!! I stamped the truck image onto watercolor paper and chose colors that matched the patterned paper from Carried Away, another wonderful free item during SAB. I took my time and added color till I was happy with the image. Sentiments were added to the truck and below, then the Big Shot was used to cut it out with a rectangle stitched die from My Favorite Things.
- The card base was made from Mint Macaron and cut the Carried Away DSP to add on top. I found a piece of Watermelon Wonder in my stash that was the perfect size so it was embossed with the Festive TIEF, then adhered to the DSP. I then took Peekaboo Peach Ruched Ribbon and added it to that layer, adhering it to the back. All of those layers were taped onto Whisper White layer, then applied to the card base.
- The Finishing Touch were just three little In Color Enamel Dots applied to the corner.
- Inside: I had to take some time to find just the right sentiment but Stampin’ Up! never disappoints! This sentiment was in Garden in Bloom, which was just perfect for my daughter. She just finished three exams in one week so I know this card will cheer her up! Sealed with Love had a sweet little accent to add to the top.
Quick List of Products Used
- Stamp Sets: Tasty Trucks (SAB), Teeny Tiny Wishes, Garden in Bloom, Sealed with Love
- Paper: Carried Away DSP (SAB), Watercolor Paper, Mint Macaron, Watermelon Wonder, Basic Black
- Ink: Memento Black, Mint Macaron
- SU Tools: Watercolor Pencils, Festive TIEF, (Non-SU: MFT Stitched Dies)
- Finishing Touch: Peekaboo Peach Ruched Ribbon, In Color Enamel Shapes
I will be submitting this card to the As You Like It Challenge. I have been hunting for some fun new challenge blogs lately and this one looks totally awesome! Their challenge is to tell them what my favorite stamp brand is. As a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator, I absolutely have to say that, right? I must admit their stamps are top quality and the company is fantastic as well. I discovered stamping with their products and have stuck with them ever since, however over the past year, I have purchased other brands, like Close to My Heart, Altenew and Penny Black. The disign team have mentioned some brands that I don’t even know about, so I have some homework cut out for me. I hope you will check their blog out and play along with me!
Thanks for coming to my blog today! Please take a minute and leave me a comment! I love hearing from you! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Want to know what’s new with SU? Check out my What’s New on the menu. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!
DIY List of Stampin Up! Products