First, I have to say that we got the greatest cards for our last challenge! If you haven’t seen them, I hope you will hop by the Retro Rubber blog to see them all. The design team had such a hard time choosing ONLY five Top Pick cards! Now we have a sketch for you and you can easily incorporate this one into your next card so I hope you will get out your older stamps and play with us. Made with Love stamp set was first available in the 2015 Annual Catalog and is still available. Something for Baby was introduced in 2014 Annual Catalog and is also still available. The best part of these two stamp sets is that you can use them with the same coordinating framelits! Baby Prints stamp set was a great stamp set that was brought out in the 2012 Occasions Catalog. I love all three and they really work so well together.
It’s All in the Details
- The sketch made this card super easy to make. Blushing Bride is my favorite pink that Stampin’ Up! has and was perfect for the card base. Then Very Vanilla was cut (4″ x 5 1/4″), run through the Falling Petals embossing folder.
- Sweet Sugarplum cardstock and Playful Palette DSP were layered together, adhered to the Very Vanilla layer, then cut and adhered to the card base.
- The sentiments were stamped in Blushing Bride, then cut with framelits.
- The onesie was stamped onto coordinating DSP and cut with framelits, the booties were stamped and cut as well. They were adhered to the front.
- Finishing Touch: Just a few little Blushing Bride Enamel Shapes to the sentiment circle.
- Inside: The scrap from the onesie DSP was used on the inside, Very Vanilla was cut with a stitched rounded rectangle framelit, stamps inked up in Blushing Bride and a few more sweet Enamel Shapes applied. This card was done in no time and a huge hit!
Quick List of SU Products Used
- Stamp Sets: Made with Love, Something for Baby, Baby Prints
- Paper: Playful Palette DSP Stack, Blushing Bride, Sweet Sugarplum, Very Vanilla
- Ink: Blushing Bride, Memento Black
- SU Tools: Baby’s First Framelits, Layering Circle Framelits, Stitched Shapes Framelits, Bunch of Banners Framelits, Falling Petals TIEF
- Finishing Touch: Subtles Enamel Shapes
Please stop by and check out the rest of the Design Team inspiration over at Retro Rubber Challenge Blog then get your much loved older stamps out and play along! Read the Challenge Guidelines below to be eligible to win. The challenge closes on Friday, April 7th.
- We require stamps older than one year. New papers/dies are great – but you must use at least one stamp older than a year and describe the age in your blog post.
- Post your new creation to your blog or online gallery. No back-linking prior to the beginning date of the challenge.
- Feel free to combine our challenge with others but in order to be eligible as one of our Top Five winners, you may not have submitted to more than 10 total.
Thanks for coming to my blog today! Please take a minute and leave me a comment! I love hearing from you! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Want to know what’s new with SU? Check out my What’s New on the menu. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!