Here’s a very fast post for you today but I hope you like it! I needed a birthday card for a long time friend and wanted something colorful and springy. I just got some new goodies in the mail so I grabbed the Big on Birthdays stamp set right out of the Stampin’ Up! box. Right next to it was the new 6″ x 6″ Glimmer Paper Assortment Pack (new Sale-A-Bration item!) so I grabbed that, too. I’m on a roll and halfway there! Don’t you love it when you can start a card easily like that?!
It’s All in the Details
- So, the card base is thick Whisper White and I layered it with Pear Pizzazz (4″ x 5 1/4″) and Bermuda Bay Glimmer Paper (3 7/8″ x 5 1/8″).
- The large sentiment was inked up in VersaMark then Pear Pizzazz and stamped onto Whisper White cardstock. I heat embossed it with clear embossing powder after which the image was cropped with the Lots of Labels Framelits.
- Then, the beautiful stamp set from Sale-A-Bration, Avant Garden, was the perfect one to coordinate with this card. I inked up the flower and stamped it in Bermuda Bay and Sweet Sugarplum (one “full strength” and another stamped off once), and added leaves in Pear Pizzazz then fussy cut them out.
- A Metallic Foil Doily was glued down with Tombow glue onto the glimmer paper, then the sentiment. The flowers were glued down and popped up with dimensionals. TIP: It can be tricky to adhere to glimmer paper, so glue works best.
- The Finishing Touch was the Metallic Enamel Shapes and also pearls onto the doily.
I found this wonderful new challenge blog, City Crafter, and wanted to play along. The photo inspiration was perfect for the colors in my card and is exactly what I was going for – a pretty Spring card. I hope you will go see what their design team created and play along with me!
Quick List of Stampin’ Up! Products
- Stamp Sets: Big on Birthdays, Avant Garden
- Paper: Whisper White Thick Cardstock, Bermuda Bay Glimmer Paper (Assortment Pack), Pear Pizzazz
- Ink: VersaMark, Pear Pizzazz, Bermuda Bay, Sweet Sugarplum
- SU Tools: Lots of Labels Framelits
- Finishing Touch: Metallic Foil Doilies, Metallic Enamel Shapes, Pearl Basic Jewels, Clear Embossing Powder
Thanks for coming to my blog today! Please take a minute and leave me a comment! I love hearing from you! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Want to know what’s new with SU? Check out my What’s New on the menu. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!
DIY List of Stampin Up! Products