Welcome to a brand new Retro Rubber challenge, where we dust off and use our much loved older stamps that haven’t been inked for a while. We had a wonderful time looking at all of the pretty cards submitted for our color challenge and I hope you will go take a look! This challenge is an absolute favorite for so many card makers – Anything Goes! The only requirement is that your stamp is older than one year and you tell us its age or how long you have had it. I was needing a sympathy card so this is what I made for the challenge. Bordering on Romance is from the 2012 Occasions Catalog. The sentiment is new from Flourishing Phrases which was just released in the 2016 Annual Catalog. The sentiment on the inside of the card came from Thought & Prayers debuting in 2009 Spring-Summer Catalog.
It’s All in the Details
- After choosing the stamps, I made the card base from Sahara Sand Cardstock. Falling in Love DSP (you can now see that I am addicted to this paper!) was layered onto Whisper White.
- I have heard about watercoloring with inks and rubbing alcohol so I wanted to try it. An aqua painter was filled with rubbing alcohol (full strength) and I dipped the tip into a drop of ink from Pink Pirouette ink refill bottle and started to color. It went on very well and I like the results so much! Although I am no expert at watercoloring, I think the results were very nice. I stamped the floral image twice, coloring one with Pink Pirouette and the other with Blushing Bride. I liked the Pink Pirouette best, but fussy cut one of the flowers from Blushing Bride and layered it on top for a little color depth.
- The sentiment was inked up and stamped, then everything was cut with the Lots of Labels Framelits. A slit was made and Sahara Sand Lace Trim was threaded thru and adhered to the back of the DSP background layers. Then all was glued down to the card base.
- I have had a fun framelit from Tattered Lace and wanted to give it a try. I used it to cut Sahara Sand cardstock then adhered it under the focal point.
- Finishing Touch: Pearls just seemed like the perfect touch to finish this off, so I went a little crazy! LOL I also found a pretty Whisper White scrunched satin bow in my stash and glued that down as well.
Quick List of SU Products Used
- Stamp Sets: Flourishing Phrases, Thoughts & Prayers, Bordering on Romance
- Paper: Falling in Love DSP, Sahara Sand, Whisper White, Watercolor paper
- Ink: Sahara Sand, VersaMark, Pink Pirouette, Blushing Bride
- SU Tools: Aqua Brush, Lots of Labels Framelits, (Non-SU: Tattered Lace Severn Decorative Labels)
- Finishing Touch: Whisper White Satin Ribbon, Basic Pearls, Sahara Sand Lace Trim, Clear Embossing Powder
Please stop by and check out the rest of the Design Team inspiration over at Retro Rubber Challenge Blog then get your much loved older stamps out and play along! Read the Challenge Guidelines below to be eligible to win. The challenge closes on Friday, March 24th.
- We require stamps older than one year. New papers/dies are great – but you must use at least one stamp older than a year and describe the age in your blog post.
- Post your new creation to your blog or online gallery. No back-linking prior to the beginning date of the challenge.
- Feel free to combine our challenge with others but in order to be eligible as one of our Top Five winners, you may not have submitted to more than 10 total.
Thanks for coming to my blog today! Please take a minute and leave me a comment! I love hearing from you! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Want to know what’s new with SU? Check out my What’s New on the menu. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!