I am going to work my way through the Occasions Catalog, showing you all of the fun products before they retire. This is one of the best catalogs ever! I actually squealed when I saw the hot air balloon stamps in Lift Me Up and the coordinating Up & Away thinlits. This bundle can be used for everyone on your list – males and females alike will love what you make for them!
It’s All in the Details
- I was in Orlando last week and brought all of my catalogs to look at on the plane. I am not the best at looking for the small details on each page but when you are sitting in a plane for a few hours, you start picking out the little things you missed before. One of those was the little cloud pattern on the Cupcakes & Carousels DSP stack, which made me excited to get home and pair it with the Lift Me Up bundle.
- I chose Early Espresso for the card base, then made layers with the DSP and Calypso Coral, adhering them all together.
- Tempting Turquoise looks wonderful with Early Espresso, don’t you think? I put the hot air balloon thinlits through the Big Shot and paper pieced them all together. Then, I stamped the smaller hot air balloon onto Calypso Coral with Early Espresso ink and cut it out with the thinlit.
- The smaller clouds were stamped with Early Espresso and cut, then the sentiment was stamped with Tempting Turquoise and cut out with the large cloud thinlit.
- The Burlap Ribbon was adhered to the card base, then the pieces were all adhered to the card, with the large hot air balloon and all of the clouds on dimensionals.
- The Finishing Touch were the Enamel Dots that I found in my stash from a Paper Pumpkin kit.
- Inside: I chose one of my favorite sentiments (I literally use it for every kind of card!) and stamped the smallest hot air balloon in Early Espresso, one being with “full” ink and the second one was stamped off before placing it onto the paper.
Quick List of Products Used
- Stamp Sets: Lift Me Up, Me = Grateful
- Paper: Cupcakes & Carousels DSP Stack, Early Espresso, Calypso Coral, Tempting Turquoise
- Ink: Early Espresso, Tempting Turquoise
- SU Tools: Up & Away Thinlits
- Finishing Touch: 5/8″ Burlap Ribbon, Paper Pumpkin Enamel Dots
I just found this wonderful challenge blog called the Sisterhood of Crafters! Since my own stamping group is called Sisterly Stampers, its name jumped out at me. Their challenge is “Travel” so I hope you will take a look at their blog and play along with me!
Thanks for coming to my blog today! Please take a minute and leave me a comment! I love hearing from you! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at [email protected] any time. Want to know what’s new with SU? Check out my What’s New on the menu. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!
DIY List of Stampin Up! Products