This card makes me smile! My oldest child just turned 38 years old. My memories of him are surrounded by his love of comic books and computer games, so there was no way that I wasn’t going to get Everyday Hero from the Occasions Catalog. I was able to make this card very quickly with fussy cutting taking the bulk of my time.
It’s All in the Details
- Basic Black was cut for the card base, then Pool Party cut as a layer.
- So Saffron cardstock was used to cut with the Sunburst Thinlit. I glued it on top of the Pool Party, then trimmed to the same size. They were then adhered to the card base.
- The cityscape stamp was inked in Memento Black Ink onto Whisper White, then fussy cut and adhered to the bottom of the card.
- The word “WOW” was stamped onto Whisper White and fussy cut, then adhered to the middle of the Sunburst. The other two sentiments were inked in black and stamped onto two of the sunburst’s rays.
- Next, the superhero image was stamped, colored with Smoky Slate and Cajun Craze ink with a blender pen, then fussy cut. Did you notice the “M” on his chest? My son’s name is Michael so it was the perfect initial to be in the stamp set! LOL He was popped up on dimensionals.
- Finishing Touch: Pool Party Enamel Shapes were placed onto the Sunburst.
- Inside: I was so excited to use my framelit from this month’s Makers Mart Kit. I cut two framelits – one in White and one in black – then stamped the cool graphic from the stamp set (what do you call that??). Happy Birthday from Birthday Bright was stamped in the center, and Pool Party stars placed strategically. The superhero was then stamped again and colored with inks and a blender pen.
Quick List of SU Products Used
- Stamp Sets: Everyday Hero, Birthday Bright
- Paper: Basic Black, So Saffron, Pool Party, Whisper White
- Ink: Smoky Slate, Cajun Craze
- SU Tools: Sunburst Thinlits, Blendabilities pen (Inside: Framelit from Makers Mart March Kit)
- Finishing Touch: Subtles Enamel Shapes
I would like to submit this card to Seize the Birthday‘s Anything Goes challenge, using the Black and White but adding more than one color. I hope you will go see their great gallery of cards then play along with me!
Thanks for coming to my blog today! Please take a minute and leave me a comment! I love hearing from you! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at [email protected] any time. Want to know what’s new with SU? Check out my What’s New on the menu. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!