We had so much fun with the great sketch challenge and the gallery had wonderful inspiration to show for it! Our next challenge is “baby, baby! – use baby critters on your card,” which is my favorite type of challenge, because you can really be creative. Combining my old stamps with new supplies and stamps brings out the best in all of them. Cheerful Critters was released in the 2015 Occasions Catalog but Custom Tee was just released in 2017 Occasions and is still available till May 31st. Party Pants was a 2016 Sale-A-Bration stamp set but Scenic Sayings was in the 2016 Annual Catalog and is also still available.
You may not be able to buy a bigger house to save every single craft supply you buy, but try saving the stamps and supplies that you truly love and play along with us because we get why you do! The only thing we ask is that you put in your description how long you have had the stamp(s) (guess if you can’t remember exactly) and keep your challenge submissions to a total of 10.
It’s All in the Details
- This card started with Pool Party cardstock cut to A2 dimensions.
- I stamped the critters with Stazon black ink then colored them with SU watercolor pens followed by a light swipe of the blender pen, adding different colors together, like the blue and teal as well as a yellow and orange to get the look I wanted.
- Once satisfied, I took the Copic Marker B0000 and colored the background area behind the critters to look like sky. It took me a couple of layers but I didn’t want a color that was too dark so I used the lightest blue I had.
- Deciding on the sentiments for the signs was a challenge but Party Pants had the best sentiments for little critters and I had never used these!
- The little critters have to be standing behind something so I used the Serene Scenery DSP, cut little notches and adhered to the cardstock with the images. They were then layered onto Crumb Cake cardstock and adhered to the card base.
- The fence made me think about how people like to carve into them, so I found the heart stamp from Scenic Sayings and stamped it with Crumb Cake. In the end, it wasn’t dark enough for me, so I went over it with the Crumb Cake marker.
- The finishing touch for my card was stamping the “One in a Million” sentiment from Custom Tee stamp set in Crumb Cake, cutting it out with the Layering Square framelit then layering it onto Crumb Cake cardstock cut with the stitched square framelit. They were adhered together then placed onto a short piece of 5/8″ Burlap ribbon.
Quick List of Stampin’ Up! Products
- Stamp Sets: Custom Tee, Scenic Sayings, Party Pants, Cheerful Critters
- Paper: Serene Scenery DSP Stack, Pool Party, Crumb Cake, Whisper White
- Ink: Stazon Black, Crumb Cake
- SU Tools: Layering Square Framelits, Stitched Shapes Framelits, Watercolor Pencils, Blender Pens, Crumb Cake Marker, Copic Marker B0000
- Finishing Touch: 5/8″ Burlap Ribbon
I am submitting this card to A Gem of a Challenge with a “Furry Friends” challenge and also want to participate in Crafty Friends Challenge Blog who are also having a challenge using “Animals or Birds.” Both have some really wonderful inspiration so I hope you will check them out and play along with me!
Please stop by and check out the rest of the Design Team inspiration over at Retro Rubber Challenge Blog then get your much loved older stamps out and play along! Read the Challenge Guidelines below to be eligible to win. The challenge closes on Friday, April 21st.
- We require stamps older than one year. New papers/dies are great – but you must use at least one stamp older than a year and describe the age in your blog post.
- Post your new creation to your blog or online gallery. No back-linking prior to the beginning date of the challenge.
- Feel free to combine our challenge with others but in order to be eligibleas one of our Top Five winners, you may not have submitted your project to more than 10 total.
Thanks for coming to my blog today! Please take a minute and leave me a comment! I love hearing from you! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Want to know what’s new with SU? Check out my What’s New on the menu. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!
DIY List of Stampin Up! Products