I have a Fast Friday post for you today. My daughter is home after finishing her college semester and I have been enjoying having her so much that I have not been crafting at all this week. I did have this card to show you though! Lucky Elephant was one of those stamp sets that I just had to have because I love elephants so much! The sentiment that goes with it is “Good Luck” and my daughter told me that the elephant’s trunk going up means exactly that. I didn’t know that!
It’s All in the Details
- My card was super easy to make! I used the beautiful Moroccan DSP, layered with Very Vanilla cardstock and adhered to Delightful Dijon cardstock after wrapped black baker’s twine and tying it in a bow.
- The elephant stamp was inked up in Basic Gray onto Very Vanilla cardstock. I also stamped him in Delightful Dijon and cut out the little blanket thing (Sorry, I don’t know what that’s called!! Anyone have a clue?) It was then adhered to the elephant. I did end up adding a little bit of accent with the Basic Gray watercolor pencil to the elephant.
- Then, the “Big” sentiment was inked in Delightful Dijon and stamped to the card front. That layer was then adhered to the card base.
- The “Celebrate” sentiment was inked up with Memento Black ink, then the banner stamp was inked up and stamped. I think it’s easier to do it in that order instead of the other way around, but you do it the way it works for you! The banner was cropped out and popped up with dimensionals.
- The Finishing Touch was adding pearls to the elephant for a fun little detail.
- INSIDE: I had lots of fun stamping the inside of the card with more stamps from Birthday Bright in Basic Gray and Delightful Dijon inks.
Quick List of Stampin’ Up! Products
- Stamp Sets: Lucky Elephant, Birthday Bright
- Paper: Moroccan DSP, Delightful Dijon, Very Vanilla
- Ink: Basic Gray, Delightful Dijon, Memento Black Ink
- SU Tools: Bunch of Banners Framelits, Watercolor Pencils
- Finishing Touch: Basic Pearls
The Male Room “Many Legs” challenge is perfect for my card! I hope you will check out the great cards from the design team then play along with me!
Thanks for coming to my blog today and hope you will leave me a comment! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Want to know what’s new with SU? Check out my What’s New on the menu. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!