It’s Friday! Another week has disappeared before I could really have fun in my craft room. Nevertheless, I do have a card that I think you will absolutely love because it can be given to anyone on your birthday list. Who wouldn’t enjoy this festive card, eh? I love balloons! Any kind will do, thank you very much! I love how this has them even on the DSP! This card came together very quickly, which is always a good sign, don’t you think? I used three stamp sets from the Occasions catalog. If you don’t have Birthday Bright, Balloon Adventures or Happy Happenings (in the annual catalog), order TODAY because they are retiring. Happy Celebrations has “graduated” to the annual catalog so you will continue to see that one around in the future.
It’s All in the Details
- Believe me or not, I have had the card base with the inside sentiment already stamped in my craft table stash for months. There’s no telling why I ended up not using it. When I saw that one of the colors in Party Animal DSP had Pacific Point in it, I decided to put it to use. My motto: You never know what you’ll find for your cards if you don’t keep it handy! LOL
- The two patterns of DSP were cut for the card front then layered onto Pacific Point and Tangerine Tango cardstock. They were adhered together then adhered down to the card base.
- The “happy” from Hello You Thinlits was run through the Big Shot onto Pacific Point and craft foam, then they were adhered to the card base.
- Then, “birthday to you” sentiment from Happy Celebrations was stamped with Tangerine Tango, cropped with the banner from Bunch of Banners and popped up with dimensionals onto the card base.
- Balloons were punched out with the Balloon Bouquet Punch in Tangerine Tango and Pacific Point cardstock and adhered to the card base. Note that the Pacific Point balloon was popped up with dimensionals.
- The bow from Balloon Pop-Up Thinlits was cropped in Tangerine Tango and adhered to the Pacific Point balloon.
- Brights Enamel Shapes were adhered to the balloons and bow.
- INSIDE: A balloon was punched in Tangerine Tango after inking up a balloon string from Balloon Adventures and placed over the string. The balloon from Birthday Bright was stamped in Pacific Point, the large polka dots stamped inside the balloon, then colored with the Pacific Point watercolor pencil and a blender pen. A few Enamel Shapes were adhered and this card was DONE!
Quick List of Stampin’ Up! Products
- Stamp Sets: Happy Celebrations, Birthday Bright, Balloon Adventures, Happy Happenings
- Paper: Party Animal DSP, Pacific Point, Tangerine Tango
- Ink: Tangerine Tango, Pacific Point
- SU Tools: Hello You Thinlits, Bunch of Banners Framelits, Balloon Pop-Up Thinlits, Balloon Bouquet Punch, Watercolor Pencils, Blender Pens
- Finishing Touch: Brights Enamel Shapes
This card is really great for two challenges! First, there’s Seize the Birthday, where their birthday topping is “Two Patterned Papers.” Then, I just received the new challenge over at TGIF Challenges, where the theme challenge is “Polka Dot Inspiration.” The inspiration from these design teams is always fantastic so I hope you will hop over and then play along with me!
Thanks for coming to my blog today and hope you will leave me a comment! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Want to know what’s new with SU? Check out my What’s New on the menu. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!
DIY List of Stampin Up! Products