I knew that April would fly fast for me! It always does and this month is going even faster than years past. I made this card for my wonderful son (he’s the best, in my humble opinion!) who just turned 23. He went to Seattle during spring break and told me about a hummingbird he saw there. I decided right then that I would use the Picture Perfect stamp set (retiring next month) for his card. It is definitely the best hummingbird stamp made and with just a little patience makes a beautiful card, don’t you think?
It’s All in the Details
- The card base is Soft Sky (4 1/4″ x 11″ and scored at 5 1/2″).
- The hummingbird was stamped (each of the four separate stamps are numbered and were done in order) with inks of Smoky Slate, Basic Gray, Crumb Cake and Blushing Bride.
- A very light layer of Soft Sky was watercolored around the hummingbird and allowed to dry.
- The leaves from Thoughtful Branches were stamped in Blushing Bride onto Blushing Bride cardstock and cut with the coordinating thinlit. Then, it was glued down to the Whisper White cardstock and trimmed down to fit.
- I recently found a stamp set on Amazon from My Sentiments Exactly called Vintage Family. I need a sentiment stamp set for family and this one had exactly what I was wanting. The sentiments were stamped in the corners of the card in Memento Black.
- A layer of DSP from Urban Underground that really picked up the darker color of the hummingbird was cut. They were layered together then adhered to the card base.
- The Finishing Touch was adding pearls to the leaves and to the left of the hummingbird image.
- INSIDE: I absolutely could not decide between these two sentiments, so I ended up using them both! He seemed to really like his card and I hope you do, too!
Quick List of Stampin’ Up! Products
- Stamp Sets: Picture Perfect, Rose Wonder, Thoughtful Branches, Trust God
- Paper: Urban Underground Specialty DSP, Soft Sky, Blushing Bride, Whisper White
- Ink: Blushing Bride, Sahara Sand, Soft Sky, Basic Gray, Smoky Slate
- SU Tools: Thoughtful Branches Thinlits
- Finishing Touch: Basic Pearl Jewels
I found a fun challenge blog called International Art & Soul who just started a new challenge called “Wings” so I would like to submit this card. Please hop over and see the great inspiration from their design team and play along with me!
Thanks for coming to my blog today and hope you will leave me a comment! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Want to know what’s new with SU? Check out my What’s New on the menu. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!
DIY List of Stampin Up! Products