Are you all ready for another fun challenge? We have a fun one for you! How long has it been since you pulled your favorite buttons out of your stash and featured them on a beautiful card? It’s pretty rare to see them these days but that’s exactly why we are asking you to use them on your next card. I used Button Buddies, which came out in the 2011 annual catalog, the very year I joined Stampin’ Up! I bought it because of all the cute images, but can you believe that this is the very first time I used it! Oh, how I love our challenges! You get to show some love to the stamps that got lost in your stash. I combined it with All Things Thanks, a brand new stamp set featured in the current Occasions catalog.
It’s All in the Details
- This card starts with a card base of Tempting Turquoise, one of my favorites but definitely doesn’t get used enough!
- I chose two pattern of DSP from Fiesta DSP pack, cut them to layer onto Whisper White. I found some 1/8″ Pumpkin Pie Taffeta Ribbon that looked great on the second DSP layer. Once it was secured, these layers were adhered together then to the card base.
- The focal image was stamped twice, once in Tempting Turquoise and again in Garden Green. The Garden Green image was cut with the Stitched Oval Framelit. Then, the Tempting Turquoise vase was fussy cut and adhered to the Garden Green image. My retired buttons from the first edition of Designer buttons were glued down. These buttons are so cute but I just can’t get a good photo of them due to their finish. Melon Mambo Enamel Dots were put into the flower centers, then the entire image was popped up on dimensionals and placed onto the card base.
- The sentiment from All Things Thanks was stamped in Tempting Turquoise and punched with the Modern Label Punch. Enamel Dots were placed and adhered.
- Finishing Touch: I couldn’t resist adding just a few sequins from the Metallic Sequin Assortment.
Quick List of Stampin’ Up! Products
- Stamp Sets: Button Buddies, All Things Thanks
- Paper: Festive Birthday DSP, Tempting Turquoise, Thick Whisper White
- Ink: Tempting Turquoise, Garden Green
- SU Tools: Stitched Shapes Framelits, Modern Label Punch
- Finishing Touch: Brights Enamel Shapes, Metallics Sequin Assortment, Brights Designer Buttons, Pumpkin Pie 1/8″ Taffeta Ribbon
Now, it’s YOUR turn! Please stop by and check out the rest of the Design Team inspiration over at Retro Rubber Challenge Blog then get your much loved older stamps out and play along! Please READ the Challenge Guidelines below to be eligible to win. The challenge closes on Friday, May 5th.
- We require stamps older than one year. New papers/dies are great – but you must use at least one stamp older than a year and describe the age in your blog post.
- Post your new creation to your blog or online gallery. No back-linking prior to the beginning date of the challenge.
- Feel free to combine our challenge with others but in order to be eligible as one of our Top Five winners, you may not have submitted your project to more than 10 total.
Thanks for coming to my blog today and hope you will leave me a comment! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Want to know what’s new with SU? Check out my What’s New on the menu. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!