I have been making up for lost time in my craft room this weekend. Life sometimes has a way of throwing a curve ball at you just to make sure you’re not taking anything for granted. My craft room has given me the therapy I needed and you will see some of it in the days to come. The card I am showing you today started with Avant Garden, the pretty stamp set offered during this past Sale-A-Bration. I watched this video by Jennifer McGuire and wanted to try it.
It’s All in the Details
- After playing with this card and its layers for a while, I will tell you the final version. The card base is Sweet Sugarplum. Layers of Blooms & Bliss topped with Oval Framelit Whisper White cardstock, then Vellum and finally Scallop Oval Whisper White cardstocks were all aligned and adhered together. The sentiment was stamped in Sweet Sugarplum before the top layer was adhered.
- The flower from Avant Garden was stamped twice, then masked to stamp the leaves. They were then fussy cut and put aside.
- Sweet Sugarplum Ruched Ribbon was adhered to the side of the layers. Blushing Bride Sequin Trim was cut and stapled in place. Then the flowers were popped up with dimensionals.
- The card still felt like it needed a little sumthin-sumthin so I added Enamel Shapes and found a little butterfly in my stash to add as well.
- Inside: The same DSP was added to the inside and a sentiment from Dragonfly Dreams was stamped in Sweet Sugarplum then cropped with an oval framelit die.
Here’s the first card I made that was more like Jennifer’s. It has some mistakes in it – using new products always has some learning curves LOL – but I still think it’s OK.
Quick List of SU Products Used
- Stamp Sets: Avant Garden, Dragonfly Dreams
- Paper: Blooms & Bliss DSP, Sweet Sugarplum, Vellum, Whisper White (Second card: Falling in Love, Sahara Sand)
- Ink: Sweet Sugarplum, Mint Macaron, Tuxedo Black
- SU Tools: Layering Oval Framelits (second card: Flourish thinlits, Bold Butterfly and Butterflies Thinlits)
- Finishing Touch: Sweet Sugarplum Ruched Ribbon, Blushing Bride Sequin Trim, In Color Enamel Shapes (Second Card: Basic Pearls)
I will be submitting this card to Seize the Birthday and want to thank them for the nudge to use my Vellum stash! The design team has some wonderful inspiration so I hope you hop over and play along with me!
Thanks for coming to my blog today! Please take a minute and leave me a comment! I love hearing from you! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!
DIY List of Stampin Up! Products