April was a busy month for me – full of birthdays and ending with my son’s graduation. Here is the last birthday card that I needed to make. It was sent to my wonderful sister and upline, Katy. For as long as I can remember, Katy has loved animals of all sorts. She was always taking care of something, from fish to her furbaby schnauzers. Another favorite were the birds that were never in a cage, but she always loved having birdfeeders, especially ones for hummingbirds. She was definitely a big influence on my love for furry (and feathered) friends. So, when Stampin’ Up! came out with this Builder Birdcage stamp set, I wasn’t about to pass it up. They have had birdcages in the past but I never got them and always regretted it. The fact that you can make other home decor items made it too good to pass up!
It’s All in the Details
- The cardbase is Mint Macaron, a retiring in-color that I will miss so much!
- Succulent Garden DSP was cut to 5 1/8″ x 3 7/8″ and layered on top of Whisper White cardstock, cut to 5 1/4 x 4″ then set aside.
- Whisper White cardstock, cut with the largest Lots of Labels Framelits, then stamped with Builder Birdcage stamps in Memento Black ink. The sentiment from a non-SU stamp set was inked in Mint Macaron and stamped onto the focal image. So Saffron cardstock was cut with the same framelits then cut and layered under the stamped image.
- Gold Metallic Thread was wrapped around the palm of my hand a few times and laid on top of adhesive. Then, the stamped image was placed on top with dimensionals.
- I cut the cat with a non-SU framelit and popped up on the card with a dimensional.
- I found some Mint Macaron leaves and ribbon in my desktop stash, layered them with some Gold Sequin Trim, and stapled them onto the background layer. Then the layer was adhered to the cardbase.
- Finishing Touch: Whisper White Baker’s Twine was tied into a bow and adhered with a glue dot to the ribbon and sequins. Basic Pearls were colored with a black Sharpie pen then added to the birdcage.
- So Saffron cardstock was embossed with the Falling Petals TIEF and adhered to the inside of the card. Whisper White cardstock was cut in the Lots of Labels Framelit, stamped with the sentiments from Balloon Celebration and Urban District and the layer was adhered to the cardbase.
Quick List of Stampin’ Up! Products
- Stamp Sets: Builder Birdcage, Urban District, Balloon Celebration, Designer Tin of Cards
- Paper: Succulent Garden DSP, Mint Macaron, So Saffron, Basic Black
- Ink: Memento Black, Mint Macaron, So Saffron
- SU Tools: Lots of Labels Framelits, May Flowers Framelits, Falling Petals TIEF
- Finishing Touch: Gold Sequin Trim, Gold Metallic Thread, Whisper White Baker’s Twine, Mint Macaron, Mint Macaron 3/8″ Taffeta Ribbon, Basic Pearl Jewels
Thanks for coming to my blog today and hope you will leave me a comment! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Want to know what’s new with SU? Check out my What’s New on the menu. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!
DIY List of Stampin’ Up! Products