We had great cards entered into our button challenge. Sure was fun playing with them again, wasn’t it? Our next challenge is perfect for May – Hello Spring, Use Flowers on Your Card! Bloom with Hope was one of the 2014 Annual Catalog Host stamp sets and I loved the sketched look of the stamps. I have paired it with Better Together, which is in the 2016 Annual Catalog and will also be in the new catalog that comes out June 1st. As I always say, there’s something so satisfying about using an old stamp set with new products. This card was made using a new product (for me, at least), Wink of Stella colored brushes. I used two of the three colors and really enjoyed playing with them.
It’s All in the Details
- This card started with stamping the flower stamps onto a hot press watercolor paper in Stazon black ink along the border.
- Then, I started coloring the flowers with my new Wink of Stella colored brushes, placing the color to the inside of the flower and using the Clear Wink of Stella brush to bring color to the rest of each petal.
- Once I was satisfied with the flowers, it was time to choose papers and embellishments (my favorite part!). Cucumber Crush and Delightful Dijon were the perfect choice, which were cut and adhered together.
- The ribbons in coordinating colors were cut and adhered to the card. Gold sequin trim was cut and stapled to the ribbon and Cucumber Crush Thick Baker’s Twine was tied into a bow and secured with a glue dot. Then the panel was adhered to the card base.
- The sentiment from Better Together was inked up in Melon Mambo and cut out with the large flower die from Flower Fair Framelits set. It was popped up with dimensionals and placed onto the card front. This card was so much fun to do!
Quick List of Stampin’ Up! Products
- Stamp Sets: Bloom with Hope, Better Together
- Paper: Cucumber Crush, Delightful Dijon, Hot Press Watercolor paper
- Ink: Stazon Black, Melon Mambo
- SU Tools: Flower Fair Framelits, Gold and Clear Wink of Stella Brushes (Non-SU: Wink of Stella Pretty Garden Set)
- Finishing Touch: Cucumber Crush 5/8″ Mini Striped Ribbon, Gold 1/8″ Ribbon, Gold Sequin Trim, Cucumber Crush Thick Baker’s Twine
Now, it’s your turn! Please stop by and check out the rest of the Design Team inspiration over at Retro Rubber Challenge Blog then get your much-loved older stamps out and play along! Please READ the Challenge Guidelines below to be eligible to win. The challenge closes on Friday, May 19th.
- We require stamps older than one year. New papers/dies are great – but you must use at least one stamp older than a year and describe the age in your blog post.
- Post your new creation to your blog or online gallery. No back-linking prior to the beginning date of the challenge.
- Feel free to combine our challenge with others but in order to be eligible as one of our Top Five winners, you may not have submitted your project to more than 10 total.
I just found a challenge blog named Crafting with Dragonflies and they are having a challenge for “Lots of Flowers and/or Mother’s Day.” It’s perfect for my card today, so I would like to submit it to them. I hope you will check them out and play along with me!
Thanks for coming to my blog today and hope you will leave me a comment! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Want to know what’s new with SU? Check out my What’s New on the menu. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!