It’s time for “Stepping Up with Textures or Techniques” for the May Pals Blog Hop. We really appreciate you stopping by to take a look at our 2017 Blog Hop monthly themes. This month we are featuring projects that are “stepped up” by using textures or fun techniques. We hope to provide you with lots of ideas that you can use for your own creations.
You may just be starting the Blog Hop or may have come from the previous link from the Line-up on the Pals Blog Hop listing shown below. The full lineup will help you move along from blog to blog so you may see all the projects.
I started my blog hop stamping a couple of weeks ago. This can be a difficult time to plan a project because you never know what stampers are wanting to see. Would they rather see something with retiring products, products that are carrying over or brand new stuff!? I opted to do one with Flourishing Phrases and its coordinating thinlits to be on the safe side. Of course, last week I was able to preorder items from the brand new catalog and decided to make this post feature both a current as well as a brand new product that will be available June 1st. No doubt you will be seeing many cards made with Daisy Delight but I hope you like mine, too.
It’s All in the Details
- I have seen cards that have an area on the front cut out before. Flourishing Phrases has an entire panel cut away but is kept together with Fabulous Foil Designer Acetate. To make this easier, the acetate is in between the card base and the first layer, eliminating any problems with adhesive showing. The Daisy Delight card has regular Window Sheet over the Oval cutout, and is also between the card base and the first layer.
- Flourishing thinlit is cut out twice, one for the front and the second is on the inside to embellish over the one in the front.
- I absolutely love the new in-colors, don’t you?! Lemon Lime Twist is very quickly becoming my favorite so I’m sure that you will be seeing it a lot in the future.
- Please feel free to leave me a comment if you have any questions about how I made this card. I will answer you as quickly as I can.
Quick List of Stampin’ Up! Products
- Stamp Sets: Daisy Delight, Flourishing Phrases
- Paper: Delightful Daisy DSP, Fabulous Foil Designer Acetate, Window Sheets, Lemon Lime Twist, Tranquil Tide, So Saffron, Whisper White
- Ink: Tranquil Tide, Lemon Lime Twist, So Saffon, Night of Navy
- SU Tools: Flourish Thinlits, Detailed Dragonfly Thinlits, Daisy Punch, Layering Ovals Framelits, Classic Label Punch
- Finishing Touch:Lemon Lime Twist 1/2″ Finely Woven Ribbon, Clear Faceted Gems, Basic Pearls
Thanks for coming to my blog today and hope you will leave me a comment! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Want to know what’s new with SU? Check out my What’s New on the menu. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!
To continue with the hop, please refer to the Blog Hop Line-up below. We hope to see you on next month’s Pals Blog Hop!
Blog Hop Line-up
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Karen Gooch at Inker’s Workshop
- Nicole Watt at Pixel Maven’s Retreat
- Julie DiMatteo at The Paper Pixie
- Lynn Tague at Beyond Beaches & Blessings
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Peggy Noe at Prettypapercards
- Susan Itell at Simple Stampin
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Debbie Mageed at Secret Stamper – You’re halfway through! Keep going!!
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stampin’ Habit!
- Becky Retzer at Just in Thyme
- Patti MacLeith at Papercrafts by Patti
- Karen Zaring Browning at Stamp With Me KZB
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Lisa Pretto at InkBig Academy Stamps
- Rae Harper-Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Angela Curry at Kindred Stampers
- Shawn de Oliveira at ShawnStamps.com