Such a busy weekend! My son graduated from the University of Michigan last Saturday!! I am a very happy and proud mama! It seems like just yesterday that he was even born. Now he is a college graduate who is getting married in July and headed to law school next year. The years just disappear – until I look in the mirror and can see them very clearly LOL. Of course, I had to make him a special card for this occasion, using his school colors of maize and blue. I had already bought the Double Take stamp set and thought that large sentiment would really be perfect for this momentous occasion. The “Graduate” is in the Sunshine Sayings stamp set and is great for so many other occasions as well.
It’s All in the Details
- This card is pretty large – the card base is 6″ x 4 1/2″.
- I started this card stamping the “Congrats” and will admit that I had to play with it a bit. My recommendation is that the primary sentiment should be in a darker color and the secondary (the shadow one) stamp should be a lighter color. Once I was satisfied, I cut it out with the Apothecary Accents framelit. The edges were sponged in Night of Navy then put aside to continue the rest of the card.
- Now that I had the focal image done, I cut the DSP from Floral Boutique, layered it with Night of Navy cardstock, then placed Night of Navy Seam Binding Ribbon around the middle, secured it to the back and adhered to the card base.
- I inked the “Graduate” with Night of Navy and cropped it out with the framelit in the Star Blast Edgelits. Then, it was popped up on dimensionals and placed on the card base.
- I made a little graduation cap using the smallest Stitched Square Shapes, popped it up with dimensionals and placed it on the card base. Gold cording was tied onto a tassel from the Cupcakes & Carousels Embellishment Kit and secured to the square with a glue dot.
- The Finishing Touch was using Crushed Curry Enamel Dots.
- INSIDE: The inside was done just moments before we left town to go to the graduation! Why did I forget to do it?? The card front had been done for weeks! LOL Oh well! I chose a wonderful sentiment that is definitely worthy of graduation as well as marriage or any new beginning that you can think of. It was stamped in Night of Navy and this card was on its way to Ann Arbor!
Quick List of SU Products Used
- Stamp Sets: Double Take, Sunshine Sayings, Everyday Tags
- Paper: Floral Boutique DSP, Crushed Curry, Night of Navy
- Ink: Crushed Curry, Night of Navy
- SU Tools: Stitched Shapes Framelits, Star Blast Edgelits, Apothecary Accents (retired)
- Finishing Touch: Cupcakes & Carousels Embellishment Kit, Regals Enamel Shapes, Gold Cording (retired), Night of Navy Seam Binding Ribbon (retired)
Thanks for coming to my blog today and hope you will leave me a comment! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Want to know what’s new with SU? Check out my What’s New on the menu. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!