It’s time once again for a new Retro Rubber Challenge. First, I hope you have seen the gorgeous cards displaying beautiful flowers in our last challenge. Congrats to all of the winners but I have to say that it was incredibly difficult to pick our favorites. Our new challenge is all about the colors you see in the image here. We aren’t going to be picky about the colors you choose as long as you are trying to use the photo as best you can. I chose to make an all occasion card with the Hello stamp set released during 2016 Sale-A-Bration. I really enjoy using large sentiments to make a great focal point!
It’s All in the Details
- This card started by choosing my colors: So Saffron, Pool Party and Marina Mist. I chose Marina Mist to be the card base (5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ and scored at 4 1/4″).
- Irresistibly Floral Speciality DSP is extremely versatile. I cut it to 3 7/8″ x 5 1/8″ and sponged it with the Sponge Brayer in So Saffron till I was happy with the depth of color. Then, I adhered it to Pool Party cardstock (cut at 4″ x 5 1/4″) and set it aside.
- I inked up the sentiment in Marina Mist. It was cut with the Lots of Labels Framelits then layered onto Marina Mist cardstock, cut with the next larger size in the Lots of Labels Framelits. They were adhered together and set aside.
- Two flowers from the DSP were sponged with Pool Party. The first was fussy cut in its entirety and the second was fussy cut to make the inner layer. Three leaves from the May Flowers Framelits were cut and adhered to the bottom of the flower.
- Pool Party Stitched Satin Ribbon was wrapped around the background layers then the panel was adhered to the card base.
- I cut a Lace Doily in half and glued it under the ribbon. The sentiment was popped up on dimensionals over ribbon. I placed the flower down with dimensionals, then decided a bow would be a nice touch on the other side of the sentiment.
- Finishing Touch: I found a small So Saffron designer button and topped it off with a pearl for the flower center. Three pearls were added to the upper right corner and this card was done!
Quick List of Stampin’ Up! Products
- Stamp Sets: Hello
- Paper: Irresistibly Floral Specialty DSP, Marina Mist, Pool Party
- Ink:So Saffron, Pool Party, Marina Mist
- SU Tools: Lots of Labels Framelits, May Flowers Framelits, Sponge Brayer
- Finishing Touch: Pool Party Stitched Satin Ribbon, Lace Doilies, Subtles Designer Buttons, Basic Pearls
Now, it’s your turn! Please stop by and check out the rest of the Design Team inspiration over at Retro Rubber Challenge Blog then get your much loved older stamps out and play along! Please READ the Challenge Guidelines below to be eligible to win. The challenge closes on Friday, June 2nd.
- We require stamps older than one year. New papers/dies are great – but you must use at least one stamp older than a year and describe the age in your blog post.
- Post your new creation to your blog or online gallery. No back-linking prior to the beginning date of the challenge.
- Feel free to combine our challenge with others but in order to be eligible as one of our Top Five winners, you may not have submitted your project to more than 10 total.
Thanks for coming to my blog today and hope you will leave me a comment! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Want to know what’s new with SU? Check out my What’s New on the menu. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!
DIY List of Stampin’ Up! Products