Another Fast Friday post for you today. I have had a great week and really hope you have as well. This card was made for a friend that I would have never had if it weren’t for this wonderful hobby. It started with a few stamp sets that I thought would work together well – Helping Me Grow, Bloomin’ Love, Timeless Texture, Million & One. I love having my extensive stamp collection for just this reason. It’s wonderful to combine them to make truly unique works of art from the heart! My weekend will be busy with lots of activities but I might have to carve out some time to play in my craft room when everyone’s asleep. Can anyone relate?
It’s All in the Details
- 12″x12″ Smokey Slate cardstock was cut in half to 6″x12″ then scored at 3″ and 6″ to make the base of the easel card.
- Wisteria Wonder was cut to 5 5/8″ square and set aside. Whisper White was cut 5 1/2″ square, then stamped with the flower from Helping Me Grow in Stazon Black ink. It was colored with Copic Markers (listed below) then Clear Wink of Stella for some sparkle.
- Texturizing the background with Timeless Texture was so much fun. After that was done, I wrapped both ribbons around the two layered pieces and adhered to the easel base carefully to make sure all of the corners lined up.
- The oval pieces were cut wth Layering Ovals, then the framelits from Timeless Tags were cut. I used the negative from the large piece, trimmed it to size and adhered to the ovals. Then I stamped “friend” on that piece. The butterflies were then glued down on the card and topped with pearls.
- The Wisteria Wonder ribbon had already been crimped and dried (Technique: cut 20″ of seam binding ribbon, wet with water/alcohol, wad it into a tight ball and let it dry. Once dry, tie into a bow). I tied it into a bow and placed it onto the oval tag with a couple of glue dots.
Details for the Inside of the Card
- The INSIDE was started with the same paper and dimensions. The “Happy Birthday” stamp was inked up with Basic Gray Archival Ink and stamped on the Whisper White. Then, the stamp from Million & One was stamped onto Whisper White in Wisteria Wonder then cropped out with a stitched rounded rectangle framelit, and popped up on dimensionals. This is the piece that will hold the front into place.
- The textured stamps were used once again around the sentiments. More butterflies and pearls applied. The layers were adhered to the card base and this fun card was done!
Quick List of SU Products Used
- Stamp Sets: Helping Me Grow, Bloomin’ Love, Timeless Texture, Million & One
- Paper: Smoky Slate 12″x12″ Texture cardstock, Wisteria Wonder, Blushing Bride, Whisper White
- Ink: Stazon Black, Basic Gray, Wisteria Wonder, Blushing Bride, Smoky Slate
- SU Tools: Layering Shapes Framelit Dies, Timeless Tags Thinlits, Clear Wink of Stella (Non-SU: Stitched Rounded Rectangle Framelits, Copic Markers: C1, BV11, R21, G82)
- Finishing Touch: Wisteria Wonder Seam Binding Ribbon, Smoky Slate 1/8″ Taffeta Ribbon, Basic Pearls
Thanks for coming to my blog today! Please take a minute and leave me a comment! I love hearing from you! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Want to know what’s new with SU? Check out my What’s New on the menu. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!