I don’t have a ton of time to play in my craft room these days. It’s such a busy time but some upcoming events make it absolutely necessary (wink, wink). My new SU products came last weekend, so, of course, I had to get some out to play. Father’s Day is this coming Sunday so this card is already in the mail. I would like to submit this card to Cardz 4 Guyz Challenge Blog where their challenge is Something Blue for Father’s Day as well as Tuesday Throwdown who has a For the Men challenge. I hope you will check out their challenge blogs and play along with me!
It’s All in the Details
- The inspiration for this card was choosing the DSP from the new DSP stack called Wood Textures. It has every kind of wood grain that you would like to use. I absolutely love it for masculine cards. I cut it to 3 7/8″x5 1/8″.
- Next, I heated embossed the pretty image from Moon Lake in Early Espresso embossing powder, then colored the image with Crumb Cake, Pear Pizzazz and sponged the background in Soft Sky.
- After that was completed, I headed over to my favorite tool, the Big Shot, and cut both the DSP and Whisper White together with the large circle Stitched Shape die to ensure the correct placement.
- The adorable Adirondack chair from Seasonal Layers Thinlits went through the Big Shot twice in Thick Whisper White paper along with the little cup.
- I stamped the sentiment from Teeny Tiny Wishes with Early Espresso ink then cut it out with the banner framelit from Bunch of Banners Framelits.
- Finally, it was time to assemble! I used the Foam Adhesive Strips to pop the DSP up off of the Whisper White layer, then adhered the stamped image inside the circular opening, popped up the sentiment with a stip of dimensionals, glued the chairs and cup. The cup, I decided needed a drink in it (of course!) so I watercolored it with Soft Sky ink with the aqua painter.
- The Finishing Touch was adding three small dots of Soft Sky enamel shapes.
Quick List of Stampin’ Up! Products
- Stamp Sets: Moon Lake, Teeny Tiny Wishes
- Paper: Wood Textures DSP Stack, Dapper Denim, Thick Whisper White
- Ink: Pear Pizzazz, Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, VersaMark
- SU Tools: Stitched Shapes Framelits, Seasonal Layers Thinlits, Bunch of Banner Framelits, Blender Pens, Aqua Painter
- Finishing Touch: Subtles Enamel Shapes, Early Espresso Emboss Powder
Thanks for coming to my blog today and hope you will leave me a comment! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Want to know what’s new with SU? Check out my What’s New on the menu. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!
DIY List of Stampin’ Up! Products