Birthday Delivery Z Fold Card
First, I have to say thank you to all of the wonderful stampers who played along with our “Where in the World” challenge over at The Sisterhood of Crafters. They were great!! If you haven’t seen them yet, please go take a look at all of the wonderful places our followers are from. Now, for our next challenge, it is one that I have vowed to do more cards of – “Boys to Men” (have ’90’s tunes coming to mind?). I need to start making more masculine cards so this challenge was perfect timing for me. Not only that, but Stampin’ Up! came out with the most adorable bundle – Birthday Delivery (save 10% when you order the bundle!). Doesn’t it look like the Golden Books that we all grew up with? The fox and banner were cut with framelits directly from the DSP, making this card so easy to make!
It’s All in the Details
- The Basic Gray card base is 5 1/2″ x 10 1/2″ and scored at 4″ and 6 1/2″.
- Real Red panels for all three sides – the front and back panel are cut to 3 5/8″ x 5 1/8″ and the middle panel was cut at 2 1/4″ x 5 1/8″. DSP was cut 1/8″ shorter for each panel. When folded, this card measures 5 1/2″ square.
- The top portion of the Birthday Memories DSP was used to cover the panels, then the fox, banner and two balloons were cut out with the framelits, and the raccoon was fussy cut.
- I found the large oval framelit in my stash on my craft table and decided to use it (one down and 99 more to go!), stamping the sentiment at the top and layering the banner and fox over the lower half. Then, burlap ribbon was cut and laid down underneath before adhering it all down to the front panel.
- The sentiment was stamped for the middle panel, cut out with the Stitched Oval Framelit and balloons were popped up with dimensionals. A small bow with one strand of the burlap ribbon was glued down on the blue balloon.
- The sentiment for the third panel was stamped, cut out with the Stitched Circle Framelit and adhered to the card base. The raccoon was popped up with dimensionals. This card was so much fun to make and it really couldn’t have been easier. Stampin’ Up! did all of the work for me with the coordinating framelits!!
I am so excited to submit this card to the following challenges! I hope you will check out their design teams and play along with me:
- Score-Pal More than One Score Challenge #39 – Die Cuts!
- HLS July Anything Goes with Dies Challenge
- Seize the Birthday Challenge – Splatter!
Quick List of Stampin’ Up! Products
- Stamp Sets: Birthday Delivery
- Paper: Birthday Memories DSP, Real Red, Basic Gray
- Ink: Pacific Point, Real Red
- SU Tools: Birthday Friends Framelits, Layering Oval Framelits, Stitched Shapes Framelits
- Finishing Touch: 5/8″ Burlap Ribbon
Now, it’s your turn! Please stop by and check out the rest of the Design Team inspiration over at The Sisterhood of Crafters then get your favorite stamps out and play along! Please follow the Challenge Guidelines below to be eligible to win. The challenge closes on August 6th.
Rules for the Sisterhood Challenges
- No backlinking … only new creations.
- Three (3) entry limit.
- You can share with as many other challenges as you’d like.
- Must follow the challenge theme to qualify for the prize (when/if one is available).
- Direct link to your challenge entry … not your entire blog.
- Link back to our challenge in your blog post.
- We would really appreciate it if you would turn OFF the word verification.
- Most of all … HAVE FUN!!
Thanks for coming to my blog today and hope you will leave me a comment! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Want to know what’s new with SU? Check out my What’s New on the menu. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!