Thanks to everyone who played along with our Retro Rubber sketch challenge. I had so much fun using that sketch and your creations were really wonderful! We have a new challenge for you so I hope you will play along because it’s time to make a wedding card! It’s always great to have one ready so, even if you don’t need one right now, you will be glad you made one for your card stash.
My card today is for a very special occasion! My son got married this past weekend!! I wanted a card that was unique and had to plan this one for a while, using two stamp sets from the past Occasions Catalog, So in Love and That’s the Tag. The “Congratulations” sentiment as well as the one on the back came from Love & Laughter which came out in the 2012 Occasions Mini Catalog. The font in this stamp set is perfect so it’s found a permanent spot on my retired stash shelf (er… shelves). This project uses quite a bit of retired product but this is exactly why I love to keep my “oldies but goodies!”
I recently found a couple of new challenge blogs; Just For Fun Rubber Stamps Challenge Blog for “Wedding Bells” and Dies R Us Challenge Blog with a “Layers” challenge. I am interested in submitting my card to them. I hope you will check out their design teams and play along with me!
It’s All in the Details
- The Sahara Sand card base is a gate fold but I decorated the “back side” as the front.
- Two panels from the Detailed Floral Thinlits were cut with the Big Shot and adhered to the side panels.
- All panels were covered with Moroccan DSP and Very Vanilla cardstock. Sahara Sand Lace Trim was wrapped around the center panel before it was taped down.
- Very Vanilla cardstock was cut with Lots of Labels Framelit, then embossed with the Bride & Groom Embossing Folder through the Big Shot. Sahara Sand cardstock was cut to layer underneath.
- The sentiment from Love & Laughter was stamped in Sahara Sand and cut with the banner from Cupcake Cutouts, then scored and adhered to the card base.
- Four flowers were cut from Stylish Stems Thinlits, adhered together and taped to the side panels. The sentiments were stamped and cut out with framelits and also taped down to the side panels.
- Finishing Touch: metal rimmed pearls added to the flower centers, one vanilla rosettes from my stash (a retired embellishment kit, I believe) was added for a sweet bridal bouquet. A single strand of small pearls was threaded through the lace knot.
Quick List of SU Products Used
- Stamp Sets: That’s the Tag, So in Love, Love & Laughter
- Paper: Moroccan DSP, Sahara Sand, Very Vanilla
- Ink: Sahara Sand
- SU Tools: Detailed Floral Thinlits, Stylish Stems Thinlits, Lots of Labels Framelits, Cupcake Cutouts Framelits, Layering Circles Framelits (non-SU: Darice Bride & Groom Embossing Folder)
- Finishing Touch: Sahara Sand Lace Trim, Love Blossoms Embellishment Kit (retired), Metal Rimmed Pearls, Vanilla Rosettes
Now, it’s your turn! Please stop by and check out the rest of the Design Team inspiration over at Retro Rubber Challenge Blog then get your much loved older stamps out and play along! Please READ the Challenge Guidelines below to be eligible to win. The challenge closes on Friday, July 14th.
- We require stamps older than one year. New papers/dies are great – but you must use at least one stamp older than a year and describe the age in your blog post.
- Post your new creation to your blog or online gallery. No back-linking prior to the beginning date of the challenge.
- Feel free to combine our challenge with others but in order to be eligible as one of our Top Five winners, you may not have submitted your project to more than 10 total.
Thanks for coming to my blog today! Please take a minute and leave me a comment! I love hearing from you! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at [email protected] any time. Want to know what’s new with SU? Check out my What’s New on the menu. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!