I have such exciting news! I still can’t believe that The Sisterhood of Crafters has asked me to be on their Design Team. What a talented team to be associated with! My first challenge was… well… a challenge! The prompt is “Where In The World …. anything that represents the part of the world, country and/or state where you live…easy!” I must confess that I haven’t collected much (ok… nothing) in the way of Michigan stamps. So, I had to really put my thinking cap on and then remembered that Stampin’ Up! had released a stamp set when they first started with the photopolymers called Map It Out. I had never even used it! Shameful!! I paired it with Lovely Inside & Out and Swirly Bird – both are current stamp sets. Since Michigan is the only state that has borders on 4 out of the 5 great lakes, I wanted to feature the beautiful water that we are surrounded by. Honestly, if you haven’t ever been to Michigan, you would be very pleasantly surprised at how beautiful it is!
Quick Review of Our Rules
- No backlinking … only new creations.
- Three (3) entry limit.
- You can share with as many other challenges as you’d like.
- Must follow the challenge theme to qualify for the prize (when one is available).
- Direct link to your challenge entry … not your entire blog.
- Link back to our challenge in your blog post.
- We would really appreciate it if you would turn OFF the word verification.
- most of all … HAVE FUN!!
I am going to submit my card to the following challenges. I hope you will check them out and play along with me!
- The Male Room #64 – Texture challenge
- Cardz 4 Guys #173 – Beside the Sea challenge
- International Art & Soul #12 – Elements of Nature
It’s All in the Details
- Card base is Peekabo Peach, cut to 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ and scored at 4 1/4″.
- Whisper White card, cut to 3 7/8″ x 5 1/8″ and layered on Basic Black cardstock.
- The “wave” thinlit was used to cut Bermuda Bay and Mint Macaron cardstock and paper pieced together onto the Whisper White cardstock. Then, the swirl was cut with Peekabo Peach and the circle from Swirly Bird in the same color for layers of texture.
- The sailboat was stamped in Peekabo Peach and Memento Black, then fussy cut.
- The USA stamp was inked up in Memento Black, then colored with the three markers. I added an enamel star over Michigan, then fussy cut the image out.
- Lastly, I inked up just the “from” from the stamp in Cookie-Cutter Christmas, then stamped the “MI” from Map It Out, cut it with the Layering Square Framelit with a layer of black cardstock underneath. I really liked the play on words! Get it??
I really liked the idea of using the Carried Away DSP for the inside, so I stamped the sentiments from Lovely Inside & Out and cropped them with the Layering Ovals Framelit (does it resemble a cloud to you?), then cropped a couple of clouds from the Up & Away Thinlits and popped them up with dimensionals. This card was lots of fun to make, so I hope you think I was up to the challenge!
Quick List of Stampin’ Up! Products
- Stamp Sets: Swirly Bird, Lovely Inside & Out, Cookie-Cutter Christmas, Map It Out
- Paper: Carried Away DSP, Peekabo Peach, Basic Black, Mint Macaron, Bermuda Bay
- Ink: Peekabo Peach, Bermuda Bay, Memento Tuxedo Black, Mint Macaron
- SU Tools: Greetings Thinlits, Swirly Scribbles Thinlits, Layering Squares Framelits, Layering Ovals Framelits, Up & Away Thinlits, Blender Pen
- Finishing Touch: In Color Enamel Shapes
Thanks for coming to my blog today and hope you will leave me a comment! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Want to know what’s new with SU? Check out my What’s New on the menu. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!
DIY List of Stampin’ Up! Products