Basket of Wishes
We had such a great turn out for our “Boys to Men” challenge! Thank you so much to everyone who played along and hope you will enjoy the next challenge just as much – a “Harvest Hoe-Down” just in time for Fall. We have gotten just a little taste of Fall this week in Michigan and it was the perfect time to make this card. I chose the pretty stamp set, Basket of Wishes, and had a nice, relaxing time coloring the image with my Stampin’ Up! watercolor pencils.
It’s All in the Details
- The card base is 4 1/4″x 11″ in Early Espresso. Copper Foil sheet was cut to 4″ x 5 1/4″ and the patterned DSP from Wood Textures DSP stack was cut with a thinlit and trimmed to 3 7/8″ x 5 1/8″.
- The basket image was stamped in Basic Gray Archival Ink and colored with SU’s Watercolor Pencils till I was satisfied with the results. Don’t be afraid to mix your colors! Then, it was cut with a Layering Square Framelit and layered onto Pumpkin Pie cardstock that was cut with the scallop square framelit.
- A leaf from Seasonal Layers Thinlits was cut from another patterned DSP from Wood Textures (gotta use those scraps, right?). Copper Metallic Thread was placed onto the cardbase, then the leaf was adhered as well, then the stamped image was popped up on dimensionals.
- The sentiment was stamped in VersaMark and heat embossed with Copper Embossing Powder. Then, it was cut with the Layering Oval Framelits. A piece of Copper Trim was cut, then carefully pulled it apart, then adhered to the card base and the sentiment was popped up over it.
Quick List of SU Products Used
- Stamp Sets: Basket of Wishes
- Paper: Wood Textures DSP Stack, Early Espresso, Copper Foil, Pumpkin Pie
- Ink: Basic Gray Archival, VersaMark
- SU Tools: Layering Square Framelits, Layering Oval Framelits, Seasonal Layers Thinlits, Lots of Labels Framelits, Watercolor Pencils, (Non SU Thinlits by Tim Holtz)
- Finishing Touch: 1/4″ Copper Trim, Copper Metallic Thread, Copper Embossing Powder
Now, it’s your turn! Please stop by and check out the rest of the Design Team inspiration over at The Sisterhood of Crafters then get your favorite stamps out and play along! Please follow the Challenge Guidelines below to be eligible to win. The challenge closes on August 20th.
Rules for the Sisterhood Challenges
- No backlinking … only new creations.
- Three (3) entry limit.
- You can share with as many other challenges as you’d like.
- Must follow the challenge theme to qualify for the prize (when/if one is available).
- Direct link to your challenge entry … not your entire blog.
- Link back to our challenge in your blog post.
- We would really appreciate it if you would turn OFF the word verification.
- Most of all … HAVE FUN!!
Thanks for coming to my blog today! Please take a minute and leave me a comment! I love hearing from you! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Want to know what’s new with SU? Check out my What’s New on the menu. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!