The Sisterhood of Crafters Anything Goes Challenge
Oh, the fun of an Anything Goes challenge!! It can be daunting to know that you can make anything. There was a Facebook post recently that asked what crafting product do you have that you never use. My response was “I buy stencils for no apparent reason.” LOL Well, that realization made me decide to change that, so that is how I started this card. It then “morphed” into a Halloween card using a new stamp set in the upcoming Holiday Catalog called Spooky Cat. If you know me at all, you will know that my love for cats borders on obsession, so I couldn’t wait to use it. The stamp set has the coordinating Cat Punch and it is going to be one of the most popular items in the catalog. If you want it, you better get it early!
It’s All in the Details
- Big cards seem to be my “norm” lately. I just really enjoy the larger size to get all of the details onto the front of the card. The Basic Black card base measures 6″ x 12″ and scored at 6″. The Old Olive layer measures 5 3/4″ square.
- The Whisper White cardstock (5 5/8″ square) was taped underneath the new brick stencil from the Pattern Party Decorative Mask pack. I sponged Memento Black ink over the entire surface, then moved it just slightly and sponged it again with Old Olive ink.
- The larger size of the card base allowed me to use the sentiment from Happy Celebrations, then cut it with the Banner Triple Punch. I found a great Halloween sentiment from a Paper Pumpkin stamp set, which are exclusive stamps! (Did you know that Paper Pumpkin is on sale right now??) I stamped it in black then cropped it with the banner in Gift Card Envelope and Trims Thinlits and popped it up with dimensionals.
- The cat stamp, punched out with the new punch, is my favorite element on this card, but all of the cute images are so much fun for a Halloween card, don’t ya think?
Quick List of Stampin’ Up! Products
- Stamp Sets: Spooky Cat, Happy Celebrations, Sweet Home, Cookie Cutter Halloween, Paper Pumpkin September 2014, Mingle All the Way
- Paper: Basic Black, Old Olive
- Ink: Memento Black, Old Olive
- SU Tools: Home Sweet Home Thinlits, Seasonal Layers Thinlits, Gift Card Envelope and Trims Thinlits, Cat Punch, Cookie Cutter Builder Punch, Washi Label Punch, Banner Triple Punch, Pattern Party Decorative Masks
Now, it’s your turn! Please stop by and check out the rest of the Design Team inspiration over at The Sisterhood of Crafters then get your favorite stamps out and play along! Please follow the Challenge Guidelines below to be eligible to win. The challenge closes on September 10th.
Rules for the Sisterhood Challenges
- No backlinking … only new creations.
- Three (3) entry limit.
- You can share with as many other challenges as you’d like.
- Must follow the challenge theme to qualify for the prize (when one is available).
- Direct link to your challenge entry … not your entire blog.
- Link back to our challenge in your blog post.
- We would really appreciate it if you would turn OFF the word verification. Most of all … HAVE FUN!!
I found some awesome challenges to which to submit this card! I hope you will check out the talented design teams and play along with me!
- Just Add Ink #373: Stencils
- Crafters Cafe #179: Black & White with One Other Colour
- Cards for Galz #54: Cats or Kittens
Thanks for coming to my blog today and hope you will leave me a comment! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Want to know what’s new with SU? Check out my What’s New on the menu. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!