Retro Rubber Back to School Theme Challenge
On to another challenge over at Retro Rubber! And it’s one that all of you will just love! I know after raising four kids that “Back to School” are words that we parents were ready to hear. Parents have their kids back into a routine and get back to what they have been putting off all summer. My youngest child is going into her junior year of university now, so I really couldn’t come up with a design that screamed “school.” But, during the semester, I like to send cards with gift cards for fun and encouragement, so this will be her very first card in September. My card used the following stamp sets: Coffee Café – 2017-2018 Annual Catalog, Crafting Forever – 2017-2018 Annual Catalog, Apple of My Eye – 2016 Occasions Catalog (retired), Balloon Adventures – 2017 Occasions Catalog (retired), and Writing Notes – 2015 Annual Catalog (retired). The focal sentiment is from Altenew’s Coffee Love (2016) that I couldn’t resist because I am an admitted coffee addict!
It’s All in the Details
- The Pear Pizzazz card base measures 10″ x 5 1/4″ and scored at 5″.
- Writing Notes background stamp was inked up in Night of Navy and trimmed to 4 5/8″ x 5 11/16″, then layered on Night of Navy cardstock.
- I inked the sentiment in Night of Navy, cut it out with the Stitched Oval Framelit, then layered onto Blushing Bride cardstock cut with the Layered Oval Framelit.
- Then, the Coffee Café stamps were inked and cut out with the Coffee Cups Framelits. The cup was run through the Big Shot in the Seaside TIEF for a little texture. Lastly, the “M” from the Little Letters Thinlits was cut in Night Of Navy (the M is for “Michigan”).
- Next, the apple was stamped in Blushing Bride with the sentiment stamped over it in Flirty Flamingo. The leaves were stamped in Pear Pizzazz and then all were fussy cut.
- The pen was stamped in Night of Navy, colored with Flirty Flamingo with a blender pen and the Stampin’ Dazzle Silver Marker. Then, it was fussy cut and adhered to the sentiment.
- Finally, the Finishing Touch was the new Blushing Bride Stitched Satin Ribbon and new Silver Mini Sequin Trim that was stapled to the background layer before it was all adhered down to the card base.
INSIDE: I carried the Writing Notes background stamp to the inside of the card (who doesn’t appreciate lines to write their handwritten notes on?) and stamped the sentiment from Balloon Adventures onto Pear Pizzazz and cut it out with a stitched rounded corner rectangle framelit. Then, the scissor stamp was inked in Night of Navy, colored with Blushing Bride and fussy cut for a cute embellishment.
Quick List of SU Products Used
- Stamp Sets: Coffee Café, Writing Notes, Balloon Adventures, Crafting Forever, Apple of My Eye; Altenew: Coffee Love
- Paper: Pear Pizzazz, Night of Navy, Blushing Bride
- Ink: Night of Navy, Blushing Bride, Flirty Flamingo
- SU Tools: Stitched Shapes Framelits, Layering Oval Framelits, Coffee Cups Framelits, Seaside TIEF, Little Letter Thinlits, Silver Stampin’ Dazzle Marker
- Finishing Touch: Blushing Bride Stitched Satin Ribbon, Silver Mini Sequin Trim
Please stop by and check out the rest of the Design Team inspiration over at Retro Rubber Challenge Blog then get your much-loved older stamps out and play along! Read the Challenge Guidelines below to be eligible to win. The challenge closes on Friday, September 8th.
- We require stamps older than one year. New papers/dies are great – but you must use at least one stamp older than a year and describe the age in your blog post.
- Post your new creation to your blog or online gallery. No back-linking prior to the beginning date of the challenge.
- Feel free to combine our challenge with others but in order to be eligible as one of our Top Five winners, you may not have submitted to more than 10 total.
I am submitting this card to C.R.A.F.T. Challenge #430 and Crazy 4 Challenges #400 because they too have a Back to School challenge. I hope you will check out their great design teams and play along with me!
Thanks for coming to my blog today! Please take a minute and leave me a comment! I love hearing from you! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Want to know what’s new with SU? Check out my What’s New on the menu. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!