This past weekend was Round Three in our wedding season and I was fresh out of cards (can you tell that we don’t go to many weddings?). I needed something elegant and quick! I found the perfect sentiments for both the front and the inside in the new stamp set, Beautiful Bouquet.
It’s All in the Details
- I went to my retired Brushed Gold Cardstock and cut up a scrap I had (yes, I am hoarding this divine cardstock) with the Detailed Floral Thinlits, using the Precision Base Plate and the Big Shot Die Brush to remove the little pieces. These two items are essentials for crafters like me – I want pretty but no hassle cards!
- These two pieces were then layered onto Thick Very Vanilla Cardstock, adhered with Tombow glue.
- The sentiment was stamped on Very Vanilla with the retired Encore Gold Ink and then heat embossed with clear embossing powder. The sentiment was cut with the oval framelit and brushed gold paper was cut with the scallop oval framelit. These were adhered together and popped up with dimensionals.
- The ribbon was wrapped around the front of the card, tied into a knot then a bow was made, and glue dots were used to hold it all down.
- The Finishing Touch was just a couple of basic pearls on the centers of the flowers.
Quick List of Stampin’ Up! Products
- Stamp Sets: Beautiful Bouquet
- Paper: Brushed Gold Paper, Thick Very Vanilla
- Ink: VersaMark, Encore Gold Ink
- SU Tools: Detailed Floral Thinlits, Layering Oval Framelits, Precision Base Plate, Big Shot Die Brush
- Finishing Touch: Very Vanilla 1/4″ Satin Ribbon, Basic Pearls, Clear Embossing Powder
I just saw the new challenge over at Global Design Project was “Wedding/Anniversary” so I am excited to play along. I hope you will go check out the talented design team and play along with me!
Thanks for coming to my blog today and hope you will leave me a comment! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Want to know what’s new with SU? Check out my What’s New on the menu. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!