You Move Me All Occasion Card
Can you believe that we are now in September?? Wow! We have a new challenge for you and it’s a “No Excuses” challenge – Anything Goes! It’s everyone’s favorite and all you have to do is ink up one of your older stamps. I absolutely love to combine my older stamps with new products! This card used You Move Me stamp set from the new 2017-2018 Annual Catalog (you can bundle it with the thinlits and save 10%) and Choose Happiness from the 2014-2015 Annual Catalog. This Whole Lots of Lovely DSP is beautiful and perfect for the coming fall season.
It’s All in the Details
- This card came together really easily, starting with the cardbase of Crushed Curry. The DSP was cut and layered onto Soft Suede, then adhered to the card base.
- The flower from Choose Happiness was stamped in Soft Sky and colored with Copic Markers. Once I was happy with that (i.e. lots of “Is that enough? Maybe one more go-round” discussions with myself), I cut it with a Layered Ovals Framelit. Then, I cut another layer with Tranquil Tide cardstock.
- Soft Suede cardstock trimmed for the card front was adhered to the card base. Then, a scrap of Burlap Ribbon was adhered to that, and a small piece of Gold Sequin Trim was laid down with glue dots on the ends.
- The pretty butterfly was made with You Move Me stamp set and cut with the Move Me Framelits then popped up with dimensionals.
- I couldn’t decide where to put a sentiment so I just stamped the “HI there” onto the oval framelit. It was then adhered to the card base with dimensionals.
- The Finishing Touch was adding pearls to the butterfly.
Quick List of SU Products Used
- Stamp Sets: You Move Me, Choose Happiness
- Paper: Whole Lot of Lovely DSP, Crushed Curry, Soft Suede
- Ink: Pool Party, Soft Suede, Tranquil Tide
- SU Tools: Move Me Thinlits, Layering Oval Framelits
- Finishing Touch: 5/8″ Burlap Ribbon, Gold Sequin Trim, Basic Pearls
Please stop by and check out the rest of the Design Team inspiration over at Retro Rubber Challenge Blog then get your much loved older stamps out and play along! Read the Challenge Guidelines below to be eligible to win. The challenge closes on Friday, September 22nd.
- We require stamps older than one year. New papers/dies are great – but you must use at least one stamp older than a year and describe the age in your blog post.
- Post your new creation to your blog or online gallery. No back-linking prior to the beginning date of the challenge.
- Feel free to combine our challenge with others but in order to be eligible as one of our Top Five winners, you may not have submitted to more than 10 total.
I would like to submit this card to International Art & Soul #16: Use Lace and/or Pearls and Crafting From the Heart #174: Anything Goes. I hope you will check out the great design teams and play along with me!
Thanks for coming to my blog today! Please take a minute and leave me a comment! I love hearing from you! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Want to know what’s new with SU? Check out my What’s New on the menu. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!