I am still in AWE of the absolutely brilliant submissions to our Anything Goes challenge. You creative geniuses really are so inspirational and hope you enjoyed playing with us. We are now onto our next challenge, which is “Oh, Boy!” What do you think of when you hear that phrase? Do you think of a congrats card, a baby card, or a masculine concept? Whatever you think, please run to your craft room/area and inspire us!
It’s All in the Details
- My card starts with an easel card base, a little bigger than normal: 4 1/2″ by 11″ and scored at 2 3/4″ and 5 1/2″.
- The card front came together quick and easy (you know that’s my favorite kind!), starting with Tranquil Tide (4 1/2″ x 5 1/2″) then Very Vanilla (cut at 4 1/4″ x 5 1/4″). Pool Party cardstock went through the trusty Big Shot with the brand new thinlit from Card Front Thinlits. I love it! That piece was adhered to the top of the Very Vanilla CS. Then, DSP from the new Bundle of Love Specialty DSP was cut to cover the bottom piece of the Very Vanilla. Finally, these layers were wrapped with the Very Vanilla ribbon and adhered to the card base.
- The Baby Bear stamp is a three-step stamp set but, since it’s photopolymer, much easier to stamp. Once I was happy with the image, it was cut with the layering oval framelit, then layered onto Tranquil Tide cardstock that was also cut with the coordinating framelit. The bow tie from Snow Friends cut cropped out, an enamel dot was added then put into its position on the little bear.
- The sentiment was stamped in Tranquil Tide, then cut with the banner from Bunch of Banners Framelits (the middle was popped up with dimensionals) and adhered to the card base. Pearls were added to the top of the card base.
- I stamped the sentiments, one in Pool Party and then another in Tranquil Tide onto Very Vanilla cardstock. It was then cropped out with the Oval Framelits along with a layer of Tranquil Tide.
- The Pool Party piece, with corners already cut with the Curvy Corner Trio Punch, was laying on my craft table for a while so I decided that it would be perfect to anchor the sentiment to the card base and popped up on dimensionals. By using the dimensionals, the easel card will stay in the easel position. Then, more pearls were added.
Quick List of Stampin’ Up! Products
- Stamp Sets: Baby Bear
- Paper: Bundle of Love Specialty DSP, Tranquil Tide, Soft Sky, Very Vanilla
- Ink: Tranquil Tide, Soft Sky, Pool Party, Coastal Cabana
- SU Tools: Card Front Builder Thinlits, Layering Ovals Framelits, Bunch of Banners Framelits, Snow Friends Framelits, Curvy Corner Trio Punch
- Finishing Touch: Subtles Enamel Shapes, Basic Pearls, 1/4″ Very Vanilla Satin Ribbon
I found a few fun challenges to submit this card:
- Crafty Calendar Challenge: Kids/Babies
- CCEE Stampers: Teddy Bear Day
- Crafting with Dragonflies: Cards for Special Occasions
- Make My Monday Challenge: Something for a Child
Now, it’s your turn! Please stop by and check out the rest of the Design Team inspiration over at The Sisterhood of Crafters then get your favorite stamps out and play along! Please follow the Challenge Guidelines below to be eligible to win.
Rules for the Sisterhood Challenges
- No backlinking … only new creations.
- Three (3) entry limit.
- You can share with as many other challenges as you’d like.
- Must follow the challenge theme to qualify for the prize (when one is available).
- Direct link to your challenge entry … not your entire blog.
- Link back to our challenge in your blog post.
- We would really appreciate it if you would turn OFF the word verification. Most of all … HAVE FUN!!
Thanks for coming to my blog today and hope you will leave me a comment! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Want to know what’s new with SU? Check out my What’s New on the menu. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!