I am so excited!! Guess WHAT?! I accepted a team designer position at the Crafters Café Challenge Blog where I will be using the great digital images from their sponsors with my Stampin’ Up! products. It’s always fun to explore fun new ways to use what you love, so I hope you will go check them out and play along!! (To play with the challenge, you do not need to use the images.) The theme we are starting today is “Use Dies and/or punches” and you know I am all about using my tools! Our images for this challenge came from:
It’s All in the Details
- This card started by uploading the image, sizing it down for my card front, printing it, then – the FUN part – coloring it with my Stampin’ Up! watercolor pencils. I had it done in no time at all, then cropped it out with the Layering Ovals Framelit. You might not be able to see it in the photo but I sponged the edges in Pumpkin Pie.
- The card base is Garden Green cardstock. Painted Autumn DSP patterned paper was cut then layered onto Pumpkin Pie cardstock. Pumpkin Pie ribbon was adhered to these layers, then a little tie added before adhering it all to the card base.
- The sentiment was stamped by masking off each word so that I could “stack” them. My MISTI makes the process very fast and easy! Then, I cut it with the leaf framelit. The boy image as well as the sentiment were popped up with dimensionals.
- The Finishing Touch was adding three Pumpkin Pie Enamel Shapes to the upper right corner.
Quick List of Stampin’ Up! Products
- Stamp Sets: Seasonal Lantern
- Paper: Painted Autumn DSP, Garden Green, Pumpkin Pie
- Ink: Pumpkin Pie
- SU Tools: Layering Ovals Framelits, Leaflets Framelits, Watercolor Pencils
- Finishing Touch: Brights Enamel Shapes, Pumpkin Pie 1/8″ Taffeta Ribbon
I found some wonderful challenge blogs to enter this card into. I hope you will check them out and play along with me:
- Sweet Stampin’: Autumn
- Alphabet Challenge Blog: O is for Oval
- The Male Room: Anything Goes with the Option of Technology (digi stamp with die cuts)
Now, it’s your turn! Please stop by and check out the rest of the Design Team inspiration over at Crafters Café and play along! Please follow the Challenge Guidelines below to be eligible to win.
Crafters Café Guidelines:
- Our challenges run bi-monthly – 1st and 15th of each month
- Follow the Crafter’s Café Challenge Blog
- Your creation must be new – no back-linking to previous posts
- Please adhere to the theme. If the theme is not recognizable, you won’t be included in the prizes or top 3
- You MUST link your entry to your blog post or gallery (not your entire blog) AND link your post to our blog
- You can enter up to three (3) cards for each challenge
- You may enter up to 10 challenges including ours, so that is 9 + us
Thanks for coming to my blog today and hope you will leave me a comment! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Want to know what’s new with SU? Check out my What’s New on the menu. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!
DIY List of Stampin’ Up! Products