OK, I hope you don’t mind but I loved making the Oh So Eclectic card from last week. So, when I started to make a birthday card for a friend, I grabbed it – again! That’s always a sign for a great product, don’t ya think?? The fact that it has coordinating thinlits just makes it a must-have for me! I wanted to pair it with the new Whole Lot of Lovely designer series paper that I have been hoarding. Do you hoard paper when you are in love with it? I sure do! But I just ordered more with the DSP Sale that Stampin’ Up! currently has, so I felt it was OK to use just a little, LOL. Go to What’s New for more details.
It’s All in the Details
- The card base for this card is 8 1/2″ x 5 3/4″ and scored at 4 1/4″.
- The Pear Pizzazz cardstock was cut at 5 1/2″ x 4″ and Whole Lot of Lovely DSP was cut 1/8″ shorter to 5 3/8″ x 3 7/8″, then adhered together and to the card base.
- I cut copper foil paper at 1″ x 5 3/8″ then cut Tangerine Tango cardstock with the new Decorative Ribbon Border Punch, adhered to both sides of the copper foil paper and adhered to the card base.
- Now for the fun part! First, I cut Whisper White cardstock with the “friend” thinlit from Lovely Words Thinlits, then Pear Pizzazz cardstock was cut with an oval framelit.
- The flowers were made by using the sponge brayer inked with Tangerine Tango onto Whisper White cardstock, then stamped with the flower from Oh So Eclectic stamp set. I took a bone folder to each flower and broke down the edges so they would separate. Then, the Faceted Gems were colored with a black Sharpie pen and placed in the center.
- The last step was stamping the leaf stamp inked in Pear Pizzazz onto Vellum and allowed it to dry. Then, they were cut with the coordinating thinlit. They were all adhered to the card base, some directly and some with dimensionals.
- INSIDE: I carried the word thinlit challenge into the inside of the card with the Happy Birthday Thinlits with a small strip of DSP to jazz it up a bit.
Quick List of Stampin’ Up! Products
- Stamp Sets: Oh So Eclectic
- Paper: Whole Lot of Lovely, Tangerine Tango, Pear Pizzazz, Copper Foil Sheets, Vellum
- Ink: Pear Pizzazz, Tangerine Tango
- SU Tools: Lovely Words Thinlits, Eclectic Layers Thinlits, Happy Birthday Thinlits, Decorative Ribbon Border Punch, Sponge Brayer
- Finishing Touch: Faceted Gems
I made this card to play along with Just Us Girls‘ Challenge that is to use our “Word Die Cuts.” I have been wanting to play with mine, so this challenge is great timing for me! I would also like to submit to Always Fun Challenges, who are having a “Die or Punch” challenge as well as The Flower Challenge who want us to “Use Your Favorite Flower” and this one definitely is (currently LOL)!
Thanks for coming to my blog today and hope you will leave me a comment! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Want to know what’s new with SU? Check out my What’s New on the menu. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!