You definitely have to visit the gallery to see the spooky Halloween cards for our last challenge and congrats to the Top Picks! All of the submissions were fantastic and great cards to CASE if you are looking for inspiration. We are onto another great challenge, using the sketch here. Be creative and have FUN! I brought out Stampin’ Up!’s Joy to the World from the 2013-2014 Holiday Mini Catalog and Christmas Blessings from the 2012-2013 Annual Catalog on the inside. This card was lots of fun to create!
It’s All in the Details
- This card started with Cherry Cobbler cardstock measuring 4 1/2″ x 11″ and scored at 5 1/2″.
- I cut the lovely designer paper from Merry Little Christmas, layered it onto Whisper White cardstock.
- Retired Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding Ribbon was tied into a double bow, a piece was cut and secured it to the layers, then adhered the layers to the card base.
- Using the sketch as my inspiration, I cut the evergreen trees from the Card Front Builder Thinlits. Then, using Gina Marie Designs edgelits, I made the stitched hills and adhering all of these elements to the card base.
- The stamp from Joy to the World was inked up with Cherry Cobbler ink, stamped onto Whisper White and cut out with the framelit from the retired Chalk Talk Framelits.
- Finishing Touch: the silver Year of Cheer embellishment was tied to the bow with Cherry Cobbler Baker’s Twine.
- INSIDE: I wanted to make the inside of the card fun (and use the extra trees I had cut out) so I adhered the DSP to the card base, then covered it with Whisper White that had a large scalloped circle removed on one side. After adhering the trees inside the circle, I adhered the WW layer to the card base, then stamped the sentiment in Cherry Cobbler. Done!
Quick List of Stampin’ Up! Products
- Stamp Sets: Christmas Blessings, Joy to the World
- Paper:Merry Little Christmas DSP, Cherry Cobbler, Whisper White
- Ink: Cherry Cobbler
- SU Tools: Card Front Builder Thinlits, Chalk Talk Framelits (non-SU: Gina Marie Designs edgelits)
- Finishing Touch: Year of Cheer Embellishments, Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding Ribbon, Cherry Cobbler Thick Baker’s Twine.
I would like to submit this card to the following challenges, and hope you will check them out and play along with me:
- Classic Design Team Challenge Blog
- Crafty Hazelnut’s Christmas Challenge – ATG with twist: Traditional Christmas Colors
- Really Reasonable Ribbon – ATG with Ribbon Theme
Now, it’s your turn! Please stop by and check out the rest of the Design Team inspiration over at Retro Rubber Challenge Blog then get your much loved older stamps out and play along! Please READ the Challenge Guidelines below to be eligible to win. The challenge closes on Friday, November 3rd.
- We require stamps older than one year. New papers/dies are great – but you must use at least one stamp older than a year and describe the age in your blog post.
- Post your new creation to your blog or online gallery. No back-linking prior to the beginning date of the challenge.
- Feel free to combine our challenge with others but in order to be eligible as one of our Top Five winners, you may not have submitted your project to more than 10 total.
Thanks for coming to my blog today and hope you will leave me a comment! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Want to know what’s new with SU? Check out my What’s New on the menu. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!