I hope you all got to see the lovely submissions for our Die Challenge at Crafters Café! They were so creative! We are now onto our next challenge and this one is great! We would love to see you make a card in a different shape! I decided to make an easel card from the Floral Frames Framelits, which are retired unfortunately but not from my craft room stash! Pairing the digital image Vintage Couture from DigiStamps 4 Joy with Garden in Bloom, I made a monochromatic card that hopefully looks vintage like the dress. I haven’t made a card like this before so look forward to seeing what you make with it!
Theme: Shaped Card
Prize: $10 digital images
It’s All in the Details
- This card started by making the easel card base in Very Vanilla cardstock. There are many tutorials available to make shaped easel cards. The front panel was dry embossed with the Close to my Heart Damask embossing folder. All edges were sponged with Sahara Sand ink.
- Printing the dress image onto Very Vanilla cardstock, I then colored it to my satisfaction with copic markers. Then, it was fussy cut out, sponged with Sahara Sand ink and set aside for the time being.
- On the smaller Floral Framelit, I used tinted Embossing Paste and spread it out with the Pattern Party Decorative Mask. No expertise is needed with this – just go for it! It was then adhered to the card front.
- The sentiment on the front was stamped in Sahara Sand and cropped with the smaller die from Floral Frames Framelits, and sponged with Sahara Sand ink.
- The card base was all adhered together, then the dress adhered.
- INSIDE: the sentiments were stamped and cropped with punches. The sentiment on the bottom of the card needed to be popped up with dimensionals to hold the card front up when on display.
- FINISHING TOUCH: The triple bow was made from Very Vanilla 1/2″ Lace Trim and attached with glue. Basic pearls was placed on the card and dress.
Quick List of Stampin’ Up! Products
- Stamp Sets: Garden in Bloom
- Paper: Very Vanilla
- Ink: Sahara Sand
- SU Tools: Floral Frames Framelits, Everyday Label Punch, Classic Label Punch, Embossing Paste, Pattern Party Decorative Masks, non-SU: Damask TIEF, Copic Markers
- Finishing Touch: Very Vanilla 1/2″ Lace Trim, Basic Pearls
I would like to submit this card to the following card challenges:
- Just Add Ink: Choose Two (Embossing Paste, Colouring)
- Aud Sentiments Challenges: Die Cut + a Sentiment
- Cardz 4 Gals: Monochromatic
Now, it’s your turn! Please stop by and check out the rest of the Design Team inspiration over at Crafters Café, get your favorite stamps out and play along! Please follow the Challenge Guidelines below to be eligible to win.
Crafters Café Guidelines
- Our challenges run bi-monthly – 1st and 15th of each month
- We would like you to follow the Crafter’s Café Challenge Blog
- Your creation must be new – no back-linking to previous posts
- Please adhere to the theme. It is very rare for us to have an Anything Goes challenge. If the theme is not recognizable, you won’t be included in the prizes or top 3
- You MUST link your entry to your blog post or gallery (not your entire blog) AND link to our blog
- You can enter up to three (3) cards for each challenge
- You may enter up to 10 challenges including ours, so that is 9 + us but not more
Thanks for coming to my blog today and hope you will leave me a comment! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Want to know what’s new with SU? Check out my What’s New on the menu. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!