I hope you like my card today! I did something quite unusual, can you guess what I did? Keep reading to see how I made that background. I have lots of birthdays coming up soon and I am fresh out of birthday cards. YIKES! I wanted to color with my brand new Stampin’ Blends, so I picked Remarkable You for a pretty floral image. The sentiment is from Happy Birthday Gorgeous and the inside sentiment is from a stamp set that I just got, Ribbon of Courage.
It’s All in the Details
- I stamped the beautiful flower with Memento Black ink and started coloring with my new alcohol markers, Stampin’ Blends, using the Pumpkin Pie light and medium shades. Once dry, I added the Bronze marker at the base of the stems and topped the entire petal with Clear Wink of Stella.
- Wine Label Framelits from Gina Marie Designs cut the image out. I really like the outline it adds as well!
- My surprise for you is how I made the glittery background. I was organizing my embossing station and found several containers of glitter. I’m sure you are aware of the mess that glitter makes so I doubt I have ever used it. I remembered seeing a video (sure wish I could remember where!) not too long ago where the crafter dumped her entire container of glitter into an entire container of embossing paste. Isn’t that a cool idea?? The glitter will not fall off the card at all because it is dried into the embossing paste. Love it!! I bet you know what I am stocking up on now!
- Once the glittery embossing paste was stenciled with the mask from the Seasonal Decorative Masks, I layered it onto Basic Black cardstock.
- The Basic Black 3/8″ Shimmer Ribbon was secured to the card, then cut a small piece of the mini sequin trim and stapled it to the background layer. A Pumpkin Pie ribbon was made into a bow and adhered on top of the sequin trim. The Finishing Touch is a few black rhinestones placed around the flower.
- INSIDE: The sentiment was stamped in Memento black ink then the leaves as well. They were colored with the new Old Olive alcohol markers and then adhered to the card base.
Quick List of Stampin’ Up! Products
- Stamp Sets: Happy Birthday Gorgeous, Ribbon of Courage, Remarkable You
- Paper: Pumpkin Pie, Basic Black
- Ink: Memento Black
- SU Tools: Stampin’ Blends, Seasonal Decorative Masks, Embossing Paste, Orange Stampin’ Glitter, non-SU: Wine Label Framelits
- Finishing Touch: Black Mini Sequin Trim, Black Rhinestones, Basic Black 3/8″ Shimmer Ribbon, Clear Wink of Stella Brush, Pumpkin Pie 1/4″ Cotton Ribbon
I would like to submit my card to the following challenges. Please check them out and play along with me:
- Glitter ‘N’ Sparkle: Anything Goes
- Sweet Stampin’ Challenge Blog: Sparkle and Shine
- Just Add Ink: Choose Two (Embossing powder and rhinestones)
- Cardz 4 Galz: Monochromatic (added black for contrast)
- Aud Sentiments Challenge: Use Die Cuts + a Sentiment
- Use Your Stuff Challenge Blog: Tis the Season for Pumpkin Spice (hoping that’s enough orange for your challenge!)
Thanks for coming to my blog today and hope you will leave me a comment! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Want to know what’s new with SU? Check out my What’s New on the menu. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!