Autumn has finally arrived here in Michigan! As my husband always complains about, that means snow is not too far away. Being from Egypt, he isn’t too happy about that, but I actually look forward to it. Of course, I have the choice to stay home, but he cannot. I try not to rub it in too much LOL! As soon as I saw Smitten Mittens in the Holiday Catalog, I knew I had to have it because Michigan is widely known as the “Mitten state.” The stamp set has coordinating framelits to make it fast and easy to use and the bundle is 10% off the individual price!
I will be using this set for my holiday cards this year and can’t hardly wait to start making them! However, this card is for my daughter’s monthly “miss ya” card with a gift card tucked in.
It’s All in the Details
- The Card base for this card is Very Vanilla Thick Cardstock, cut 5 3/4″ x 9″ and scored at 4 1/2″.
- Background layers, cut and adhered together:
- Very Vanilla: 5″ x 3 5/8″ and embossed with the Cable Knit Embossing Folder
- Bundle of Love Specialty DSP: 5 1/8″ x 3 7/8″
- Crumb Cake: 5 1/2″ x 4 1/8″
- FUN STUFF:
- 4 small mittens: inked with Blushing Bride and cut with coordinating thinlits. Glued to Linen Thread and glued to card base
- 2 large mittens: cut with coordinating thinlits and layered together. First one was glued down and top one was popped up with dimensionals.
- 3 wood Snowflake Elements were glued down and topped with coordinating Glitter Enamel Dots
- Sentiment was stamped in Blushing Bride and cut with banner from Gift Card Envelope & Trim Thinlits
- Crumb cake: 5 3/8″ x 4 1/4″
- Very Vanilla: 5 1/4″ x 4 1/8″
- Sentiment was stamped onto Very Vanilla cardstock with Crumb Cake ink.
- Snowflakes were stamped across the top of the Very Vanilla cardstock with Blushing Bride ink.
Quick List of Stampin’ Up! Products
- Stamp Sets: Smitten Mittens, Snow Place
- Paper: Bundle of Love Specialty DSP, Blushing Bride, Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla Thick
- Ink: Blushing Bride, Soft Suede
- SU Tools: Many Mittens Framelits, Cable Knit TIEF, Gift Card Envelope & Trim
- Finishing Touch: Glitter Enamel Dots, Linen Thread, Snowflake Elements
I would like to submit this card to:
- Challenge Up Your Life: Die Cuts
- Crazy 4 Challenges: Use Pink
- heARTful Stamping Challenge: Anything Goes + a Stamp
Thanks for coming to my blog today and hope you will leave me a comment! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Want to know what’s new with SU? Check out my What’s New on the menu. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!
DIY List of Stampin’ Up! Products