I can’t believe that Halloween is right around the corner! Where did the time go??? I was playing in my craft room with nothing in particular in mind to do. Sometimes that’s good and sometimes not! The Pizza Boxes were still on top of my supplies table so I took one out. I really like the idea of filling them with something wonderful! In my family, we were always told, “good things come in small packages” but these are big enough (and safe) for food, wrapped or not. They just seem to lack color, which is fine for some things, but I wanted to do one for Halloween – definitely NOT a “white” box holiday! So, I got out my trusty sponge brayer and started applying Pumpkin Pie ink. Didn’t it turn out cute?? I also made another Pizza Box for Christmas treats but will show that one to you soon.
It’s All in the Details
- As described, before assembling the box, I brayered Pumpkin Pie ink until satisfied with the saturation.
- The pizza box top was made with layers of Basic Black, then Whisper White and topped Rich Razzleberry after being cropped with the Scallop Square framelit and embossed with the Petal Burst Embossing Folder.
- I had originally stamped the cat stamp onto Whisper White cardstock, but once it was punched out with the Cat Punch, I ended up brayering it with Pumkin Pie ink and sponging the edges.
- The sentiment was stamped in Memento Black and Rich Razzleberry, then cropped out with the Stitched Oval Framelit.
- Befored adding the layers to the top of the box, I secured Basic Black 3/8″ Shimmer Ribbon to the box. Then, I adhered the layers on top and tied the bow.
- The Finishing Touch were some Pumpkin Pie Enamel Stars as well as some Pearls colored with Black Sharpie. Done!
Quick List of Stampin’ Up! Products
- Stamp Sets: Spooky Cat
- Paper: Rich Razzlebery, Pumpkin Pie, Basic Black, Whisper White
- Ink: Memento Black, Rich Razzleberry, Pumpkin Pie
- SU Tools: Layering Squares Framelits, Stitched Shapes Framelits, Cat Punch, Petal Burst TIEF, Sponge Brayer, Mini Pizza Boxes
- Finishing Touch: Basic Black 3/8″ Shimmer Ribbon, Brights Enamel Shapes, Basic Pearls
I would like to submit my card to the following challenges. Please check them out and play along with me:
- As You Like It Challenge Blog: People or Animals I absolutely love this question and my answer is an enthusiastic “animals”! I love them in real life and also as stamps. As Mark Twain once said, “The more I know people, the more I love my dog [cat] .” Why? Hmm. I do like good people but I see God in nature, and my cats have always been my loyal companions. Animals only ask of you what they need to live and give you so much joy in return! If my kids are reading this (they’re not though), please know that you are the exception! 😉
- Aud Sentiments Challenge Blog: Halloween + Sentiment
- Die Cutting Diva’s Weekly Challenge Blog: Halloween
Thanks for coming to my blog today and hope you will leave me a comment! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Want to know what’s new with SU? Check out my What’s New on the menu. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!