We had some great cards in our “Travel” challenge over at Retro Rubber. I hope you got to play! If you didn’t, please play along with our Halloween challenge. I have to admit to you that I don’t celebrate this holiday. I never really got the point of it and have a very low threshold for the “dark side” of life. But, I know that it is many people’s absolutely favorite occasion, and the candy is the kids’ one time to indulge without any guilt LOL. My card used Halloween Treat from the 2016 Holiday Catalog for the very first time! I’m really starting to love large sentiments – boy, has my taste in stamps evolved in six years! I used to be very intimidated by their size but now it’s the sentiments that draw me to a stamp set. How do you choose the stamps that you buy?
It’s All in the Details
- This card was lots of fun to create! The Basic Black cardstock was cut to 4 5/8″ x 11 3/4″ and scored at 5 7/8″. Then, Pumpkin Pie cardstock was cut to 5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″.
- The embossed patterned paper from Irresistibly Yours (sad that it’s retired!) was cut to 4″ x 5 1/4″ then sponged and wiped clean over the embossed areas. After that, I took an aqua painter and splattered black ink over the DSP and wiped it clean again.
- The sentiment was stamped onto Whisper White Thick cardstock and fussy cut, then popped up onto dimensionals.
- The witch, tombstones and fence were cropped out with thinlits. The fence was adhered with Fine Tip Glue, then the tombstones were adhered. The witch was popped up on a dimensional.
- The pumpkins were fussy cut from the Painted Autumn DSP. One was popped up on a dimensional.
- Finishing Touch: a triple bow was made from the Vintage Crochet Trim and added with a glue dot. Black rhinestones were placed onto the card front.
- INSIDE: I took a great (and exclusive!) stamp set from Paper Pumpkin and inked them in Pumpkin Pie and Memento Black to finish this card.
Quick List of Stampin’ Up! Products
- Stamp Sets: Halloween Treat, Paper Pumpkin September 2015 stamp set
- Paper: Painted Autumn DSP, Basic Black, Pumpkin Pie, Whisper White Thick Cardstock, Irresistibly Yours DSP
- Ink: Memento Black, Pumpkin Pie
- SU Tools: Halloween Scenes Edgelits, Sponge brayer, Distress Tool, (non-SU: Taylored Expressions’ Build a Scene – Calendar)
- Finishing Touch: Black Rhinestones, Vintage Crochet Trim
I would like to submit my card to the following challenges. Please check them out and play along with me:
- Cardz 4 Guyz: Halloween, Autumn, Thank You
- Crafty Sentiments Designs: Halloween/Fall
- Try It on Tuesday: It’s Halloween Time
Now, it’s your turn! Please stop by and check out the rest of the Design Team inspiration over at Retro Rubber Challenge Blog then get your much loved older stamps out and play along! Please READ the Challenge Guidelines below to be eligible to win. The challenge closes on Friday, October 20th.
- We require stamps older than one year. New papers/dies are great – but you must use at least one stamp older than a year and describe the age in your blog post.
- Post your new creation to your blog or online gallery. No back-linking prior to the beginning date of the challenge.
- Feel free to combine our challenge with others but in order to be eligible as one of our Top Five winners, you may not have submitted your project to more than 10 total.
Thanks for coming to my blog today and hope you will leave me a comment! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Want to know what’s new with SU? Check out my What’s New on the menu. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!