Hey, Sistahs! I hope you enjoyed our last challenge over at the Sisterhood of Crafters because we sure enjoyed visiting your beautiful creations!! If you didn’t get a chance to play, here’s another chance with a great prompt – “PINK: Pink October (cancer awareness month) – anything pink, you can even have pink pumpkins, pink fall leaves, anything as long as it’s PINK.” After just recently having my own breast cancer scare (turned out negative, Thank God!), I think we should all be taking this month seriously. Make sure you don’t miss your mammograms! But, anyhooo, back to my card… I wanted to use one of the new Stampin’ Up! Host stamp sets that really makes great floral cards, Tranquil Tulips. Tulips are a spring flower but I love them! Since it’s fall, I just paired it with a darker color, Fresh Fig. The sentiment is from Beautiful Bouquet, which is another great stamp set in the new catalog and has great sentiments in lovely fonts!
It’s All in the Details
- This card is 4 1/2″ x 5 1/2″. I have really enjoyed the little extra “real estate” on a card front lately! The Fresh Fig card base is 11″ x 4 1/2″ and scored at 5 1/2″.
- The Whisper White cardstock was cut to 4 1/4″ x 5 1/4″ and embossed in the brand new Quilt Top embossing folder. I absolutely love it!!
- The Patterned DSP from Petal Garden Memories & More Card Pack was cut to 2″ x 5 1/4″ and adhered onto the card base.
- Two wreaths in Fresh Fig was cut with the Swirly Thinlits and adhered to the card base.
- Fun Part: I stamped a bunch (bouquet?) of tulips in Powder Pink and Fresh Fig, and then fussy cut them out. Then, I stamped the stems in Old Olive. I cropped it with the Lots of Labels Framelits, sponged the edges, wrapped Finely Woven Ribbon around it to the back, and popped it up on dimensionals. Then, the flowers were arranged and adhered to the stems, some were popped up with dimensionals.
- A double bow made in Powder Pink was adhered. The sentiment was stamped in Fresh Fig and cropped with the small Tags & Labels Framelits and tied to the Fresh Fig ribbon with a scrap thread from the very last of a ribbon that I have long since used up – sigh…
- Finishing Touch: Did you know that Touches of Nature Elements are wood-colored on one side and white on the other? Well, I used the white side to flank the bow and adorn it on top with a Pink Pirouette Enamel Shape in the middle of the flower.
- INSIDE: I stamped the sentiment from Painted Harvest in Fresh Fig and used two of the unused fussy cut flowers. I really love how this card turned out!
Quick List of Stampin’ Up! Products
- Stamp Sets: Tranquil Tulips, Beautiful Bouquet, Painted Harvest
- Paper: Petal Garden Card Pack, Fresh Fig
- Ink: Fresh Fig, Powder Pink, Old Olive
- SU Tools: Swirly Scribbles Thinlits, Lots of Labels Framelits, Tags & Labels Framelits, Quilt Top TIEF
- Finishing Touch: Fresh Fig Finely Woven Ribbon, Powder Pink Finely Woven Ribbon, Touches of Nature Elements, Subtles Enamel Shapes
I want to submit this card to the following challenges. Please check them out and play along with me:
- Aud Sentiments Challenge Blog #190: Use a Die Cut + a Sentiment
- Crafting with Dragonflies #91: Pinktober
- Really Reasonable Ribbon #173: Anything Goes with Ribbon
- Unicorn Challenges: Perfectly Pink for Breast Cancer Awareness
Now, it’s your turn! Please stop by and check out the rest of the Design Team inspiration over at The Sisterhood of Crafters then get your favorite stamps out and play along! Please follow the Challenge Guidelines below to be eligible to win.
Rules for the Sisterhood Challenges
- No back-linking … only new creations.
- Three (3) entry limit.
- You can share with as many other challenges as you’d like.
- Must follow the challenge theme to qualify for the prize (when one is available).
- Direct link to your challenge entry … not your entire blog.
- Link back to our challenge in your blog post.
- We would really appreciate it if you would turn OFF the word verification. Most of all … HAVE FUN!!
Thanks for coming to my blog today and hope you will leave me a comment! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Want to know what’s new with SU? Check out my What’s New on the menu. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!