I hope you all enjoyed our last Crafters Café challenge! The Design Team loved visiting you all and seeing your beautiful creations! We are now onto our next challenge and it is going to be so much fun. I’m sure you all love Tic Tac Toe. I have great memories playing this game with my kids, especially in restaurants to keep them occupied LOL. My card for you today used the Ribbon-Charm-Lace row. I used the absolutely fantastic digital image, Frame It Happiness, and loved coloring the flowers with my Stampin’ Up! watercolor pencils. I have never been that good at coloring, but these pencils are great! I have learned to take a couple of different colors and blend them together for a really unique look. I’m sure you can do it even better, so give it a go!
THEME: TIC TAC TOE
It’s All in the Details
- After sizing, printing and cutting the digi image, I started watching TV – and coloring to my heart’s content! So fun and relaxing!! I had no plan or preconceived image that I was going for. Each color was chosen based on the last one till I was finished. How do you start your process of coloring?
- Once the coloring was completed, I chose my card base color, Bermuda Bay, and an accent layer, Rich Razzleberry. I layered the colored image onto the Rich Razzleberry then added the Rich Razzleberry Taffeta Ribbon to the middle of the card. This ribbon was in a Holiday Catalog a couple of years ago (therefore retired). I then adhered both layers onto the card base.
- The sentiment from Birthday Blooms was inked up with Rich Razzleberry ink then cropped out with a Stitched Oval Framelit. Rich Razzleberry cardstock was cut with the scalloped oval and Melon Mambo was also cut with an oval that was just slightly larger. All three were layered together.
- Flourish Thinlits cut the leaf and flowers in Bermuda Bay, Rich Razzleberry and Melon Mambo. The lace doily was centered onto the card over the ribbon, the sentiment was adhered on top of the doily with one flower and the leaf tucked underneath and the other flower popped up with mini dimensionals on top of the sentiment.
- Finishing Touch: Using Brights Enamel Shapes to the center of the flowers (and hide adhesive) and the silver Botanical Garden Jewel to add that little bit of bling that makes every card more special!
This card is for someone special, so I used the fun sentiment in the Just Kidding stamp set in Rich Razzleberry. I then added the flowers from Birthday Blooms and colored them with watercolor pencils.
Quick List of Stampin’ Up! Products
- Stamp Sets: Birthday Blooms, Just Kidding
- Paper: Bermuda Bay, Rich Razzleberry, Melon Mambo
- Ink: Rich Razzleberry, Memento Tuxedo Black
- SU Tools: Stitched Shapes Framelits, Flourish Thinlits, Layering Ovals Framelits, Watercolor Pencils
- Finishing Touch: Brights Enamel Shapes, Doilies, Botanical Garden Jewels Embellishments, Rich Razzleberry Taffeta Ribbon
I would like to submit my card to the following challenges. Please check them out and play along with me:
- Pattie’s Creations Design Challenge: Birthday
- Seize the Birthday Challenge: Birthday + Circles (lots of circles in those flowers!)
- Dream Valley Challenges: Add a Sentiment
Now, it’s your turn! Please stop by and check out the rest of the Design Team inspiration over at Crafters Café and play along! Please follow the Challenge Guidelines below to be eligible to win.
Crafters Café Guidelines:
- Our challenges run bi-monthly – 1st and 15th of each month
- Follow the Crafter’s Café Challenge Blog
- Your creation must be new – no back-linking to previous posts
- Please adhere to the theme. If the theme is not recognizable, you won’t be included in the prizes or top 3
- You MUST link your entry to your blog post or gallery (not your entire blog) AND link your post to our blog
- You can enter up to three (3) cards for each challenge
- You may enter up to 10 challenges including ours, so that is 9 + us
Thanks for coming to my blog today and hope you will leave me a comment! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Want to know what’s new with SU? Check out my What’s New on the menu. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!