Our last challenge over at Crafter’s Cafe was lots of fun and the submitted shaped cards were so creative! Thank you to everyone who participated and hope you play with us again. This challenge is all about Music! This birthday card uses Blooms & Wishes, which is such a wonderful stamp set! I really love the font of the sentiments. On the inside of the card, Confetti Celebration gave this card a great celebratory feel.
- This challenge is so much fun!! This card started by pulling anything related to music. I wasn’t able to use all of it but it was great going through my craft room to see what I had. This is why I love challenges!
- Please be gentle in your criticism of my coloring of the pretty girl image. I have never done one before! First, I sized and printed the image onto Whisper White cardstock. This cardstock is great for using with Stampin’ Up!’s new alcohol markers, Stampin’ Blends. I had absolutely no issues with bleeding outside the lines of the paper and no marker issues! I also used SU’s Watercolor Pencils to get into the tiny little areas. Once I was afraid to go on coloring for fear of ruining what I had already done – LOL – I cropped her out with the large Lots of Labels Framelits.
- Pulling colors from my image, I made the card base from Pear Pizzazz cardstock, cut at 4 1/2″ x 12″ and scored at 6″. Pumpkin Pie cardstock was cut to 4 1/8″ x 5 5/8″ and run through the Big Shot in the Tim Holtz embossing folder. Then, this was layered onto Soft Suede cardstock that was cut at 4 1/4″ x 5 3/4″. The image was popped up with dimensionals and these layers were then adhered to the card base.
- The Pear Pizzazz cardstock was cut with the Music thinlit and adhered with glue dots.
- The sentiment from Blooms & Wishes was stamped in Soft Suede ink and cropped with the Bunch of Banners framelit.
The images from Confetti Celebration were stamped in coordinating ink colors. Clear Wink of Stella was added to the Pumpkin Pie balloons and Silver Wink of Stella was added to the string of lights. The Whisper White panel was then layered onto Soft Suede cardstock and adhered to the card base. Done!
Quick List of Stampin’ Up! Products
- Stamp Sets: Blooms & Wishes, Confetti Celebration
- Paper:Pear Pizzazz, Pumpkin Pie, Soft Suede, Whisper White
- Ink: Soft Suede, Pumpkin Pie, Pear Pizzazz
- SU Tools: Stampin’ Blends: Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive, Bronze, Ivory; Watercolor Pencils, Lots of Labels Framelits, Bunch of Banners Framelits, Silver and Clear Wink of Stella Brushes, Non-SU: Dies by Dave Music Thinlit, Tim Holtz Music TIEF
I would like to submit my card to the following challenges. Please check them out and play along with me:
- Brown Sugar Challenge Blog: Orange, Brown & Green (one of my favorite color combos!)
- Crafty Catz: Anything Goes with a twist of Girls Want to Have Fun
- Color Inspiration Monday: Anything Goes with a Hand Colored Image
Now, it’s your turn! Please stop by and check out the rest of the Design Team inspiration over at Crafters Café and play along! Please follow the Challenge Guidelines below to be eligible to win.
Crafters Café Guidelines:
- Our challenges run bi-monthly – 1st and 15th of each month
- Follow the Crafter’s Café Challenge Blog
- Your creation must be new – no back-linking to previous posts
- Please adhere to the theme. If the theme is not recognizable, you won’t be included in the prizes or top 3
- You MUST link your entry to your blog post or gallery (not your entire blog) AND link your post to our blog
- You can enter up to three (3) cards for each challenge
- You may enter up to 10 challenges including ours, so that is 9 + us
Thanks for coming to my blog today and hope you will leave me a comment! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Want to know what’s new with SU? Check out my What’s New on the menu. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!
DIY List of Stampin’ Up! Products