I hope you all had a great weekend – I sure did! My house was full of kiddies till Sunday afternoon when my youngest went back to college. I wiped my tears and RAN to my craft room, since that’s where I can enjoy being by myself. With my kitty, Bella, asleep in her little bed on the corner of my craft table, I set out to make a cupcake birthday card for the Cardz 4 Galz challenge. It sounded like so much fun and I was ready for something non-holiday for a change. I dug into my supplies and came out with Birthday Memories designer paper, Cycle Celebration, Happy Celebrations and Carry On stamp sets. They sure make an adorable card, don’t they?
It’s All in the Details
- Card began with:
- Early Espresso cardstock: 5 1/2″ x 11″ and scored at 5 1/2″
- Very Vanilla cardstock: 5 1/4″ x 5 1/4″
- Bundle of Love Specialty DSP: 5 1/8″ x 5 1/8″
- Corners on Very Vanilla and DSP were rounded and then layers were adhered together
- Early Espresso Seam Binding Ribbon was used to make a bow then adhered to those layers before all were adhered to the card base
- The Birthday Memories DSP was cut with the Die Cut, then the little girl was cut with the coordinating Die Cut along with white craft foam so I could pop her up. Then, the Nestabilities Die Cut was used to cut out Early Espresso cardstock. These were adhered to the card base, then little pearls were placed onto the die cut piece.
- The sentiment from the retired Cycle Celebration stamp set was stamped twice, once in Early Espresso and Blushing Bride. They were punched out with placed on the card base with dimensionals.
- I was going to use the little dog that coordinated with a thinlit but the image was facing the wrong way! So, I cut out the one facing the other direction and popped her up with dimensionals.
- Layers of Blushing Bride (5 1/4″ x 5 1/5″) and Very Vanilla (5 1/16″ x 5 1/16″) were cut and adhered to the inside of the card.
- “Celebrate” from Happy Celebrations was inked up in Early Espresso and stamped. Then, the “Eat the Cupcake” was also inked up and stamped.
- The little cupcake from Carry On was sponged with Early Espresso and Blushing Bride with sponge daubers and stamped. This card was such fun to make! I hope you will
Quick List of Stampin’ Up! Products
- Stamp Sets: Cycle Celebration, Happy Celebrations, Carry On
- Paper: Birthday Memories DSP, Bundle of Love Specialty DSP, Early Espresso, Very Vanilla
- Ink: Blushing Bride, Early Espresso
- SU Tools: Birthday Friends framelits, Decorative Label Punch, Oval Punch, Project Life Corner Punch, non-SU: Nestabilities Die Cuts
- Finishing Touch: Early Espresso Seam Binding Ribbon, Basic Pearls
I would like to submit my card to the following challenges. Please check them out and play along with me:
Thanks for coming to my blog today and hope you will leave me a comment! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Want to know what’s new with SU? Check out my What’s New on the menu. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!
DIY List of Stampin’ Up! Products