The gallery for our last challenge was just gorgeous. All of the cards were fantastic! I hope you got a chance to see them. Our next challenge is always a favorite – ANYTHING GOES! What are you working on right this minute? Got a beloved retro stamp on it?? Wonderful! Please submit it to our challenge! My card had two retro stamp sets: Gratitude for Days from the 2014 Holiday Mini Catalog and Day of Gratitude from the 2010 Holiday Mini Catalog, then I added a very recent one, Eastern Beauty from our current 2017 Annual Catalog. I’m not quite sure how this card started now, I know that I was wanting to use my favorite new In Color, Lemon Lime Twist and just kept experimenting with color combinations and ended up pairing it with Dapper Denim, always a great combination.
It’s All in the Details
- This card started by stamping the large image from Day of Gratitude in Lemon Lime Twist. The outline image from Eastern Beauty was inked in Dapper Denim and cut with the coordinating framelit, then Eastern Palace DSP was cut with a framelit. The sentiment was inked in Dapper Denim and cut with a small scallop circle framelit.
- I just had to try my new Die Cut from Gina Marie Designs, so I cut out the stamped image and layered it onto Dapper Denim, then layered those onto the Eastern Palace patterned DSP. The card base of Dapper Denim was cut and scored. Lemon Lime Twist Ribbon was wrapped and adhered to the layers, then they were all adhered to the card base.
- The flower die cut from Eastern Medallions was cut twice, and one was placed under the ribbon and the other was placed over the ribbon so you can see a little ribbon peeking through. The totally sweet Bitty Bow was adhered on top of those flowers.
- Tim Holtz Love Thinlits were the perfect touch for this Thanksgiving card. I cut “family” out with Dapper Denim cardstock and adhered to the ribbon.
- Finishing Touch was using a couple of Dapper Denim Enamel Shapes and the heart was punched with the retired Heart Confetti Border Punch and covered with glue from the Fine Tip Glue Pen to make it shine like the Enamel Shapes.
Quick List of Stampin’ Up! Products
- Stamp Sets: Gratitude for Days, Day of Gratitude, Eastern Beauty
- Paper: Eastern Palace Specialty DSP, Dapper Denim, Lemon Lime Twist
- Ink: Dapper Denim, Lemon Lime Twist
- SU Tools: Eastern Medallions Thinlits, Layering Circles Framelits, Confetti Hearts Border Punch, non-SU: Gina Marie Designs In and Out Cut Stud Dot Rectangles Dies Set, Tim Holtz Love Thinlits
- Finishing Touch: Lemon Lime Twist Finely Woven Ribbon, 2017-1019 In Color Bitty Bows, 2016-18 In Color Enamel Shapes
I would like to submit my card to the following challenges. Please check them out and play along with me:
- Rubber Buggy Challenge Blog: Thanksgiving, Thank You, Blessed, Grateful
- Cardz 4 Galz: Thank You/Thanksgiving
- Always Fun Challenge: Thanksgiving
Now, it’s your turn! Please stop by and check out the rest of the Design Team inspiration over at Retro Rubber Challenge Blog then get your much-loved older stamps out and play along! Please READ the Challenge Guidelines below to be eligible to win. The challenge closes on Friday, December 1st.
- We require stamps older than one year. New papers/dies are great – but you must use at least one stamp older than a year anddescribe the age in your blog post.
- Post your new creation to your blog or online gallery. No back-linking prior to the beginning date of the challenge.
- Feel free to combine our challenge with others but in order to be eligibleas one of our Top Five winners, you may not have submitted your project to more than 10 total.
Thanks for coming to my blog today and hope you will leave me a comment! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Want to know what’s new with SU? Check out my What’s New on the menu. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!