Our sketch challenge was so much fun and it looks like you all enjoyed it as well. The cards in the gallery were great so I hope you took a look at them all. We have a photo inspiration challenge for you this time around. I hadn’t inked up Fabulous Florets from the 2011 Summer Mini Catalog in a long time, but always loved this stamp set. It was intimidating to me as a beginner, so I decided to try it again and this time did the masking technique. The Five for All stamp set from the 2017 Annual Catalog was used for the sentiment. You should check out the other sentiments in this set because they really are fantastic!
It’s All in the Details
- Every once in a while, I feel like trying to make a CAS card. It’s so hard!! LOL This is about as clean and simple as I can get, folks. I chose my colors: Berry Burst, Crushed Curry, Old Olive and Pear Pizzazz. Pear Pizzazz cardstock was cut to 4 1/4″ x 11″ and scored at 5 1/2″.
- The Crushed Curry Ombre DSP was cut to 4″ x 5 1/4″, and run through the Big Shot in the Petal Burst Embossing Folder. Old Olive 1/8″ Taffeta Ribbon was tied in the middle then the layer was adhred to the card base.
- The head of the flower was stamped once onto Whisper White cardstock and once again onto masking paper, which was then fussy cut and placed on top of the stamped image. I inked up the leaves in Old Olive ink and stamped over the masked flower. Only a couple of spots had to be filled in with my blender pen. It may not be perfect but it’s as good as I will ever get LOL.
- The stamped image was cut with a stitched tab die cut, then layered onto Berry Burst crackled DSP which was trimmed to match.
- A lace doily was placed in the upper left corner then the focal image was adhered to the card base.
- The sentiment from Five for All was inked with Pear Pizzazz and cut with my favorite banner from Bunch of Banners Framelits. I added a Pear Pizzazz banner underneath and popped them up with dimensionals.
- Finishing Touch: Three Glitter Enamel Dots were placed onto the focal image.
Quick List of Stampin’ Up! Products
- Stamp Sets: Fabulous Florets, Five for All
- Paper: Color Theory DSP Stack, Pear Pizzazz,
- Ink: Berry Burst, Old Olive, Pear Pizzazz
- SU Tools: Petal Burst TIEF, Bunch of Banners Framelits, non-SU: Stitched Tab die cut
- Finishing Touch: Lace Doilies, Old Olive 1/8″ Taffeta Ribbon, Glitter Enamel Dots
I would like to submit my card to the following challenges. Please check them out and play along with me:
Now, it’s your turn! Please stop by and check out the rest of the Design Team inspiration over at Retro Rubber Challenge Blog then get your much loved older stamps out and play along! Please READ the Challenge Guidelines below to be eligible to win. The challenge closes on Friday, November 17th.
- We require stamps older than one year. New papers/dies are great – but you must use at least one stamp older than a year anddescribe the age in your blog post.
- Post your new creation to your blog or online gallery. No back-linking prior to the beginning date of the challenge.
- Feel free to combine our challenge with others but in order to be eligibleas one of our Top Five winners, you may not have submitted your project to more than 10 total.
Thanks for coming to my blog today and hope you will leave me a comment! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Want to know what’s new with SU? Check out my What’s New on the menu. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!