Welcome to the Pals November 2017 Blog Hop featuring “Anything But a Card” projects. Thank you so much for joining us today and hope you enjoy the wonderful things the Stampin’ Pretty Pals made for this theme. Whether you’re just starting the hop, or came from a previous Pal’s blog, you’ll find the line-up toward the end of my post to help you move along. I have a few projects for your gift-giving this season, featuring the Mini Treat Bags Thinlits, and a quick and easy bag for your homemade goodies or stocking stuffers.
It’s All in the Details
- This mini treat bag used one stamp from Labels to Love, which I stamped after cutting the oval framelits. The stocking was cut and layered on top of the ovals. Vintage Crochet Trim was tied around the bag and a double bow was tied and glued to the oval framelit. Cherry Cobbler and Garden Green cardstock were cut with the Holly Berry Builder Punch and glued to the stocking. A Silver Year of Cheer Embellishment was glued to the mini treat bag.
- Stamp Sets: Labels to Love
- Paper: Merry Music Specialty DSP, Basic Black, Whisper White, Cherry Cobbler, Garden Green
- Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
- SU Tools: Mini Treat Bag Thinlits, Stitched Shapes Framelits, Layering Ovals Framelits, Christmas Stockings Thinlits, Holly Berry Builder Punch
- Finishing Touch: Vintage Crochet Trim, Year of Cheer Embellishments
- I made this bag from this Pootles Papercrafts’ video, using her measurements (12″x10″ and scored at 2″, 5 3/4″, 7 3/4″, 11 1/2″ on the 12″ side; scored at 2″, 6″, 8″ on the 10″ side). It’s a great project for a bulkier gift. After scoring, folding and adhering the bag together, I made a belly band from the same DSP, cut to 1 1/2″ width and wrapping it around the top flap and adhering the ends. Two Foil Snowflakes were adhered together and I gently folded the top one to give it some dimension. The Label Me Pretty stamp was heat embossed with Gold Embossing Powder and glued to the snowflakes. Gold mini sequin trim was glued to make a bow and topped with a Gold Faceted Gem.
- Stamp Sets: Label Me Pretty
- Paper: Year of Cheer Specialty DSP
- Ink: VersaMark
- SU Tools: Pretty Label Punch
- Finishing Touch: Foil Snowflakes, Gold Mini Sequin Trim, Gold Faceted Gems, Gold Embossing Powder
- This mini treat bag has no stamping at all! Quick and so easy! I cut the Merry Music DSP with the mini treat bag thinlits and adhered the two pieces together. The ovals were cut with the Layering Ovals and Stitched Shapes framelits and adhered together. The pine branches from the Pretty Pines Thinlits cut out the vellum paper and Real Red cardstock was cut with the bow (Pretty Pines Thinlits) and Noel thinlits (Christmas Stockings Thinlits) . I decided to add one more detail so I used the snowflake thinlit from Colorful Seasons Thinlits out of Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper. Lastly, the vellum branches were colored with Old Olive Stampin’ Blends.
- Stamp Sets: None!
- Paper: Merry Music Specialty DSP, Basic Black, Real Red, Whisper White, Vellum, Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper
- Ink: None!
- SU Tools: Mini Treat Bag Thinlits, Stitched Shapes Framelits, Layering Ovals Framelits, Christmas Stockings Thinlits, Pretty Pines Thinlits, Seasonal Layers Thinlits, Softly Falling TIEF, Old Olive Stampin’ Blends
So, does one of these projects appeal to you? I really hope so!! Please take a minute and leave me a comment to tell me your favorite! I love hearing from you! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Want to know what’s new with SU? Check out my What’s New on the menu.
Thank you so much for hopping with the Stampin’ Pretty Pals today. Please take a minute to mark your calendar for our next hop on December 13, 2017. Now hop along using the Blog Hop Line-up below. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!
DIY List of Stampin Up! Products