The cards you all submitted to the Sisterhood of Crafters “sparkle” challenge were fantastic! I hope you enjoyed being part of our challenge and are ready for the next theme, “Give Thanks” where anything having to do with gratitude is encouraged. I have always enjoyed Thanksgiving the most from all of the holidays. It’s a day that we set aside for family, friends, and being thankful for what we have. Although we should be thankful every single day of the year, the fact that we set aside a day to do it in the best way we can is wonderful.
It’s All in the Details
- My card is 9 1/2″ x 6″ and scored at 4 3/4″. I started this card by stamping the wreath from Feeling of Christmas with Memento Black ink, then colored with Stampin’ Blends. It was very fun to color, even on Crumb Cake cardstock.
- Once I was satisfied with coloring, the stitched rectangle framelit cut out the image. Always Artichoke cardstock was cut and corners rounded to layer underneath. Not being very satisfied, the Crumb Cake cardstock was cut underneath the wreath, then the Old Olive Mini Chevron Ribbon was wrapped over the two layers. Then, they were adhered to the card base.
- The sentiment from Painted Harvest stamp set was inked in Always Artichoke then cropped out with the die from Project Life Cards & Labels Framelits.
- The background of the card still looked bare to me, so I stamped the little dots in Crumb Cake ink, then added the Natural Trim and Touches of Nature Elements.
- A small piece of a Lace Doily was adhered to the bottom of card, then the sentiment was popped up with dimensionals over the ribbon.
- Finishing Touch: Gold Enamel Shapes were adhered to the natural flower, the sentiment and then the corner of the card.
Quick List of Stampin’ Up! Products
- Stamp Sets: Feeling of Christmas, Painted Harvest
- Paper: Crumb Cake, Always Artichoke
- Ink: Always Artichoke, Memento Black, Crumb Cake
- SU Tools: Stampin’ Blends: Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie; Project Life Cards & Labels, Project Life Round Corner Punch, non-SU Stitched Rounded Corner Rectangle Die
- Finishing Touch: 1/4″ Gold Natural Trim, Old Olive 3/8″ Mini Chevron Ribbon, Touches of Nature Elements, Gold Metallic Enamel Shapes, Lace Doilies
I would like to submit my card to the following challenges. Please check them out and play along with me:
Now, it’s your turn! Please stop by and check out the rest of the Design Team inspiration over at The Sisterhood of Crafters then get your favorite stamps out and play along! Please follow the Challenge Guidelines below to be eligible to win.
Rules for the Sisterhood Challenges
- No back-linking … only new creations.
- Three (3) entry limit.
- You can share with as many other challenges as you’d like.
- Must follow the challenge theme to qualify for the prize (when one is available).
- Direct link to your challenge entry … not your entire blog.
- Link back to our challenge in your blog post.
- We would really appreciate it if you would turn OFF the word verification. Most of all … HAVE FUN!!
Thanks for coming to my blog today and hope you will leave me a comment! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Want to know what’s new with SU? Check out my What’s New on the menu. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!
DIY List of Stampin’ Up! Products