The Design Team at the Sisterhood of Crafters had a wonderful time looking at all of the gorgeous submissions to our last challenge! Did you see them? I sure hope you do because you will certainly get lots of inspiration from them. Now, we are on to new challenge by the talented Darlene – “Let the Sparkle Fly” so get out your glitter and bling to play along with us! I am starting to get nervous about holiday cards. I wait too long every year because I normally wait till after Thanksgiving to really start on them. With our very warm Autumn, it just didn’t feel like it was the right time. Now, we are cooler and receiving this new Merry Patterns stamp set was perfect time to make a holiday card.
It’s All in the Details
- This card came together so quickly (love it when that happens)!
- Basic Black cardstock: 5 5/8″ x 9″ and scored at 4 1/2″
- Real Red cardstock: 5 3/8″ x 4 1/4″
- The Gina Marie Leafy Frame Die Cut was run through the Big Shot with Whisper White cardstock and glue was used to adhere it to the Real Red cardstock. They were then adhered to the card base.
- I used my trusty MISTI to stamp the sentiment because it needed to be lined up carefully. The inside is Real Red ink and the outline is Black ink. It was cut with the Layering Ovals Framelit and then lined with a layer of Real Red cardstock, also cut with the same framelit set. These framelits are indispensable in my craft room!
- Pretty Pine Thinlits cut the pine branches, berries and the bow. These were adhered to the Layering Ovals, which was then adhered to the card base with dimensionals.
- Finishing Touch: Black Rhinestones were placed all around the Leafy Frame Die Cut and the center of the glimmer bow.
Quick List of Stampin’ Up! Products
- Stamp Sets: Merry Patterns
- Paper: Basic Black, Real Red, Garden Green, Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper
- Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Real Red
- SU Tools: Pretty Pines Thinlits, Layering Ovals Framelits, non-SU: Gina Marie Leafy Frame Die
- Finishing Touch: Black Rhinestone Jewels
I would like to submit my card to the following challenges. Please check them out and play along with me:
- Crafty Hazelnut’s Christmas Challenge: Anything Goes
- Christmas Card Challenge: Anything Goes
- Crafting with Dragonflies: Use Your Stash + Bling
Now, it’s your turn! Please stop by and check out the rest of the Design Team inspiration over at The Sisterhood of Crafters then get your favorite stamps out and play along! Please follow the Challenge Guidelines below to be eligible to win.
Rules for the Sisterhood Challenges
- No back-linking … only new creations.
- Three (3) entry limit.
- You can share with as many other challenges as you’d like.
- Must follow the challenge theme to qualify for the prize (when one is available).
- Direct link to your challenge entry … not your entire blog.
- Link back to our challenge in your blog post.
- We would really appreciate it if you would turn OFF the word verification. Most of all … HAVE FUN!!
Thanks for coming to my blog today and hope you will leave me a comment! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Want to know what’s new with SU? Check out my What’s New on the menu. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!
DIY List of Stampin’ Up! Products