We sure enjoyed your very wonderful cards for our last challenge. It’s always great to bring out our forgotten embellishments and who doesn’t love a tic-tac-toe challenge?! We have another great challenge for you, Embossing, Wet or Dry. I couldn’t pick one, so I did both! 🙂 This card was absolutely great to make! Using Daisy Delight for the elegant sentiment, I can’t wait to send this card to my family after my visit next week.
THEME: Embossing (Wet or Dry)
It’s All in the Details
- My card started by sizing and printing the image onto Whisper White cardstock.
- My card base used:
- Soft Suede 5 1/2″ x 11″ and scored at 5 1/2″
- Whisper White 5 1/4″ x 5 1/4″ and dry embossed with Pinewood Planks TIEF
- Soft Suede was cut with the Makers Mart Die Cut, then wet embossed on the edges with Copper Embossing Powder for a little elegance
- The image was colored with Stampin’ Blends, then cut down to size. Old Olive cardstock was cut to layer underneath the image. Once adhered together, I popped them up on mini dimensionals.
- The sentiment was wet embossed with Copper Embossing Powder then cut with a framelit from Chalk Talk collection.
- Copper 1/4″ Trim was made into a triple loop bow and adhered to the corner of the image. Then, the trim was pulled apart, cut to fit the card front and adhered to the card front.
- The leaf was made using the triple embossing technique: The leaf was cut, covered with VersaMark, then heat embossed with a VERY thick covering of Copper Embossing Powder. (TIP: cover the emboss powder with wax powder unless you love emboss powder all over your craft table!) Once dry, I covered it again with embossing powder, heat embossed then stamped the detailed leaf stamp (covered with VersaMark) to pick up the leaf details. Not very satisfied, I repeated this but used Early Espresso Embossing Powder and got a big surprise with the results. I’m not sure if I did something wrong but honestly I really like the results!
- The leaf and sentiment were adhered together with a mini dimensional and then both were adhered with mini-dimensionals to the card base.
Quick List of Stampin’ Up! Products
- Stamp Sets: Colorful Seasons, Daisy Delight
- Paper: Soft Suede, Old Olive, Whisper White
- Ink: VersaMark, Soft Suede, Old Olive
- SU Tools: Stampin’ Blends, Pinewood Planks Dynamic TIEF, Chalk Talk Framelits, Seasonal Layers Thinlits, non-SU: Makers Mart die cut
- Finishing Touch: Copper Embossing Powder, Early Espresso Embossing Powder, Copper 1/4″ Trim, Year of Cheer Specialty Washi Tape
I would like to submit my card to the following challenges. Please check them out and play along with me:
- Moo-Mania Challenge: Heat Embossing
- Aurora Wings Challenge: Metallics
- Use Your Stuff Challenge: Heat Embossing
Now, it’s your turn! Please stop by and check out the rest of the Design Team inspiration over at Crafters Café and play along! Please follow the Challenge Guidelines below to be eligible to win.
Crafters Café Guidelines:
- Our challenges run bi-monthly – 1st and 15th of each month
- Follow the Crafter’s Café Challenge Blog
- Your creation must be new – no back-linking to previous posts
- Please adhere to the theme. If the theme is not recognizable, you won’t be included in the prizes or top 3
- You MUST link your entry to your blog post or gallery (not your entire blog) AND link your post to our blog
- You can enter up to three (3) cards for each challenge
- You may enter up to 10 challenges including ours, so that is 9 + us
Thanks for coming to my blog today and hope you will leave me a comment! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Want to know what’s new with SU? Check out my What’s New on the menu. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!
DIY List of Stampin’ Up! Products