Happy Holidays! This is our last challenge for the year! We had the best gallery last challenge! I hope you had a chance to see them! This challenge is all about Christmas, using the photo inspiration for your colors. I see TWO colors from my card that work, don’t you? I pulled out Very Merry Tags from the 2013 Holiday Mini Catalog to go with our sweet Detailed Santa Thinlits Dies, which is still available in our Annual Catalog. On the inside of the card, I couldn’t resist using our brand new Snowflake Sentiments from the 2017 Holiday Mini Catalog, which is going to make it into the next year’s annual catalog! I really love this one for its beautiful fonts and sentiments.
It’s All in the Details
- Card Base: Garden Green 4 1/2″ x 11″ and scored at 5 1/2″
- I cut the Detailed Santa Thinlit Die with Silver Glimmer Paper and Whisper White. With the WW, I took the background pieces and sponged with Dapper Denim ink. I adhered both the Glimmer Paper and WW to a piece of Cherry Cobbler, offsetting the glimmer paper just a little. They were layered to Dapper Denim cardstock.
- Dapper Denim Ruched Ribbon was wrapped around and adhered to the back, which was then adhered to the card base. A piece of Silver Mini Sequi Trim was cut and adhered to the ribbon with glue dots.
- The sentiment was stamped twice, once with Garden Green and again with Cherry Cobber ink, then paper pieced together and popped up with dimensionals over the ribbon.
- FINISHING TOUCH: Metallic Enamel Shapes were placed onto the front.
- The sentiment was stamped in Dapper Denim ink, the ornaments stamped in Cherry Cobbler then layered onto Dapper Denim cardstock. Done!
Quick List of Stampin’ Up! Products
- Stamp Sets: Snowflake Sentiments, Very Merry Tags
- Paper: Garden Green, Dapper Denim, Cherry Cobbler, Silver Glimmer Paper, Whisper White
- Ink: Dapper Denim, Garden Green, Cherry Cobbler
- SU Tools: Detailed Santa Thinlits, Sponge Brayer, Decorative Label Punch, Oval Punch
- Finishing Touch: Metallic Enamel Shapes, Silver Mini Sequin Trim, Dapper Denim 3/8″ Ruched Ribbon
I would like to submit my card to the following challenges. Please check them out and play along with me:
- Glitter ‘N’ Sparkle Challenge: Anything Goes
- Merry Monday Christmas Challenge: Santa Hat
- Christmas with the Cuties: Santa Claus is coming to town
- The Crazy Challenge: Christmas is coming
Now, it’s your turn! Please stop by and check out the rest of the Design Team inspiration over at Retro Rubber Challenge Blog then get your much loved older stamps out and play along! Please READ the Challenge Guidelines below to be eligible to win. The challenge closes on Friday, December 15th.
- We require stamps older than one year. New papers/dies are great – but you must use at least one stamp older than a year anddescribe the age in your blog post.
- Post your new creation to your blog or online gallery. No back-linking prior to the beginning date of the challenge.
- Feel free to combine our challenge with others but in order to be eligibleas one of our Top Five winners, you may not have submitted your project to more than 10 total.
Thanks for coming to my blog today and hope you will leave me a comment! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Want to know what’s new with SU? Check out my What’s New on the menu. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!
DIY List of Stampin’ Up! Products