Happy Holidays to all who celebrate! I have always loved silver and gold together, haven’t You? The Year of Cheer Specialty DSP has the most wonderful patterns, 3 sheets of 4 designs! The lantern was easy to put together with silver foil sheet and craft foam, cut with die cuts from the Lantern Builder Thinlits. Although the inside sentiment makes this a Christmas card, I really believe that it would be great for so much more than that.
It’s All in the Details
- This card started with Whisper White Thick cardstock, cut at 4 1/2″ x 11″ and scored at 5 1/2″.
- Gold Foil sheet and Year of Cheer Specialty DSP were cut and adhered to the card base.
- More Gold Foil and another pattern from the DSP were cut and layered onto the card base.
- The Lantern Builder Thinlits were used to cut Silver Foil sheets and white craft foam and adhered together. Whisper White cardstock was used to stamp the candle outline, then VersaMark to heat emboss with Gold Emboss Powder. I touched the flame with a light touch of Gold Wink of Stella, then it was cut to fit inside the lantern.
- Two Metallic Snowflakes were layered together, withthe top one lightly folded for a little more texture, then the lantern was adhered on top.
- One of my favorite new ribbons is the 3/8″ Metallic Edge ribbons! The bows are always fantastic! After making the bow and adhering it to the lantern, I tucked in two of the silver Year of Cheer Embellishments with glue dots.
- The sentiment from Labels to Love was heat embossed with Gold Emboss Powder, cut with an oval from Layering Ovals Framelits and layered onto Gold Foil sheets cut with a coordinating scallop framelit.
- I wanted the inside to be very simple so the sentiment from Christmas Pines was heat embossed with Gold Emboss Powder onto Whisper White cardstock, layered onto Gold Foil sheet and adhered inside. Done!
Quick List of Stampin’ Up! Products
- Stamp Sets: Seasonal Lanterns, Labels to Love, Christmas Pines
- Paper: Year of Cheer Specialty DSP, Whisper White Thick cardstock, Gold Foil Sheets, Silver Foil Sheets
- Ink: Memento Black ink, VersaMark
- SU Tools: Lantern Builder Framelits, Layering Ovals Framelits, Gold Wink of Stella Brush Pen
- Finishing Touch: Foil Snowflakes, Year of Cheer Embellishments, 3/8″ Metallic Edge Ribbon, Gold Emboss Powder, Basic Rhinestones, Silver Metallic Enamel Shapes
I would like to submit my card to the following challenges. Please check them out and play along with me:
- Paper Creator Crafts #64: Christmas or New Year
- Aud Sentiments Challenge Blog: Christmas + Sentiment
Thanks for coming to my blog today and hope you will leave me a comment! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Want to know what’s new with SU? Check out my What’s New on the menu. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!
DIY List of Stampin’ Up! Products