We had some wonderful entries into our “Thanks” challenge! I really believe in sending thank you cards, so a handmade one is the ultimate thank you in my opinion. We are onto the last challenge of the year at the Sisterhood of Crafters so of course, we want to see what you are doing for the Holidays! Mine is a canvas that I am giving to my father. He’s 88 years old so his needs are very little. I made this quite easily with one of my favorite of the new stamp sets, Snowflake Sentiments, along with a wonderful bundle, Brightly Lit Christmas.
It’s All in the Details
- This project started out with making the background layers of Basic Black, Real Red, and Basic Grey. The layer of Basic Grey was run through the Big Shot in the Softly Falling Embossing Folder before adhering all of the layers together.
- The sentiment was stamped in Memento Black ink, cut out with Layering Circle Framelits and a layer of Real Red was made with a scallop circle framelit.
- Next, Brightly Lit Christmas framelits were used to cut out the lamppost and the stamp set inked up to make the sign.
- I wanted a little snow on the ground so I used my die cuts to make some snow drifts out of Whisper White paper. I lined them up onto the background layers and adhered them and the lamppost with sign down.
- Finishing Touch: A double bow made from Basic Black Shimmer Ribbon and a small piece of Basic Black Mini Sequin Trim was adhered to the sentiment.
- The entire panel was adhered to a 6″ x 6″ white canvas, which makes it a wonderful piece of home decor but it would also make a great card.
Quick List of Stampin’ Up! Products
- Stamp Sets: Snowflake Sentiments, Brightly Lit Christmas
- Paper: Basic Black, Real Red, So Saffron
- Ink: Memento Black, Real Red
- SU Tools: Christmas Lamppost Thinlits, Layering Circles Framelits, Softly Falling TIEF, non-SU: Gina Marie Designs Die Cuts
- Finishing Touch: Basic Black 3/8″ Shimmer Ribbon, Basic Black Mini Sequin Trim
I would like to submit my card to the following challenges. Please check them out and play along with me:
Now, it’s your turn! Please stop by and check out the rest of the Design Team inspiration over at The Sisterhood of Crafters then get your favorite stamps out and play along! Please follow the Challenge Guidelines below to be eligible to win.
Rules for the Sisterhood Challenges
- No back-linking … only new creations.
- Three (3) entry limit.
- You can share with as many other challenges as you’d like.
- Must follow the challenge theme to qualify for the prize (when one is available).
- Direct link to your challenge entry … not your entire blog.
- Link back to our challenge in your blog post.
- We would really appreciate it if you would turn OFF the word verification. Most of all … HAVE FUN!!
Thanks for coming to my blog today and hope you will leave me a comment! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Want to know what’s new with SU? Check out my What’s New on the menu. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!
DIY List of Stampin’ Up! Products